• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mogar View Post
    We have received the same letter today we used the ECT letter in response to the first letter.
    Who to trust? There is a URL leading to “evidence “ with a warning not to pass on?
    Should I pass on to ECT to let them deal with it?
    Did you send your ETC letter by recorded delivery?

I wonder whether they are 'claiming' they didn't receive it and therefore continue to hassle you.

I believe there are laws to stop them hassling you if you dispute the debt and a process that they should follow.

Therefore they should not have sent you a second letter, unless they are claiming not to have received your dispute letter.

(I believe their plans will fail and they will be found out if they follow the aforementioned process, that is why they look like they are not following the process. Further affirms the 'shaking of the tree' nature of this exercise)
    Last edited by Superfly; 30 March 2020, 11:28. Reason: typo

Comment

Got my 2nd letter from Felicatas today, despite emailing them and writing to them to tell them I was made bankrupt last year and still suffering badly, both financially and mentally as a result.

Do I report them to the Official Receiver for harassment?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic View Post
        Got my 2nd letter from Felicatas today, despite emailing them and writing to them to tell them I was made bankrupt last year and still suffering badly, both financially and mentally as a result.

Do I report them to the Official Receiver for harassment?

Thanks in advance
        I would - the fact they are ignoring all information sent to them is reason enough..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Felicitas Solutions

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread.

I received my second letter off Felictas Solutions today (first saying they are handling the loans from IQ Contracts and I owe them money) also this one saying I owe them money.

I have already resolved this with HMRC, signed a loan agreement with them to pay unpaid tax back.

I Just want to know do I still owe Felicitas money? or is this wrong? even when I did get a loan payment off IQ Contracts I still paid a little bit of tax on it.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with the next step I should take. I apologise again if this has been mentioned.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I would - the fact they are ignoring all information sent to them is reason enough..
            I would too.

I know someone who was made bankrupt several years ago, and for years afterwards she kept receiving letters from "asset recovery" companies who claimed to have purchased her debts - mainly from credit card companies and banks. (The banks and CC companies sell the debts for about 5p in the £1 - just to get some cash back rather than nothing). Anyway, her habit was to call each of the companies after receiving a letter and threaten to report them to the Insolvency Service (the Official Receiver). She said that as soon as she mentioned her bankruptcy the attitude of the companies rapidly changed ... BECAUSE the OR has the power to review AND CANCEL the licence of any debt-chasing company who pesters a bankrupt - even if they claim not to know know about the bankruptcy.

You can report both Felictas and Gladstones (as agents) if they continue to pester you.

It seems that both of these companies are accumulating numerous complaints to various bodies (Official Receiver, the Solicitors Complaints Authority, etc.) and that eventually some official action MUST be taken against them - or their directors. I'd encourage everybody who has received a letter from Gladstones and/or Felicitas to complain to officialdom - even if just for a late or non-reply from Gladstones.
            "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

BTW - the following is from "The Law Society" web-site:
              ================================================== ========================================
              When to complain to the Legal Ombudsman

If you have complained to your solicitor about poor service and you are not satisfied with their response, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman.

The Legal Ombudsman deals with poor service, such as:

- delayed or unclear communication
              - problems with your bill
              - loss of documents

You can contact the Legal Ombudsman by:

- calling them on 0300 555 0333
              - going to the Legal Ombudsman website
              - emailing them at [email protected]

They will keep in contact with you and make sure your case is passed to an investigator for assessment.
              ================================================== ========================================
              "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

Originally posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
                BTW - the following is from "The Law Society" web-site:
                When to complain to the Legal Ombudsman

If you have complained to your solicitor about poor service and you are not satisfied with their response, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman.

The Legal Ombudsman deals with poor service, such as:

- delayed or unclear communication
                - problems with your bill
                - loss of documents

You can contact the Legal Ombudsman by:

- calling them on 0300 555 0333
                - going to the Legal Ombudsman website
                - emailing them at [email protected]

They will keep in contact with you and make sure your case is passed to an investigator for assessment.

It would be worth checking if

'We are still working through a large collection of documents given to us by the firms from whom we acquired the loans rights. That means the evidence we can share with you today might be incomplete. If we find further evidence in relation to your loans, we will make it available via the same link.'
                is covered by loss of documents - it's almost as if they started their claims without knowing that their claims were valid.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
                  I would too.

I know someone who was made bankrupt several years ago, and for years afterwards she kept receiving letters from "asset recovery" companies who claimed to have purchased her debts - mainly from credit card companies and banks. (The banks and CC companies sell the debts for about 5p in the £1 - just to get some cash back rather than nothing). Anyway, her habit was to call each of the companies after receiving a letter and threaten to report them to the Insolvency Service (the Official Receiver). She said that as soon as she mentioned her bankruptcy the attitude of the companies rapidly changed ... BECAUSE the OR has the power to review AND CANCEL the licence of any debt-chasing company who pesters a bankrupt - even if they claim not to know know about the bankruptcy.

You can report both Felictas and Gladstones (as agents) if they continue to pester you.

It seems that both of these companies are accumulating numerous complaints to various bodies (Official Receiver, the Solicitors Complaints Authority, etc.) and that eventually some official action MUST be taken against them - or their directors. I'd encourage everybody who has received a letter from Gladstones and/or Felicitas to complain to officialdom - even if just for a late or non-reply from Gladstones.
                  Thank you, have fired off an email detailing Fecilitas constant contacts despite me notifying them of my bankruptcy. Hopefully they get their arses kicked

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic View Post
                    Thank you, have fired off an email detailing Fecilitas constant contacts despite me notifying them of my bankruptcy. Hopefully they get their arses kicked
                    Remember to report their partners in crime Gladstones also.

Comment

BT

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                      Good question creativity. We've speculated before that BT are unlikely to be involved in this sort of stuff other than providing CSP/admin services. The ultimate owner is more likely to be from somewhere else and most likely the UK.

As for wishing a virus on an entire population, that is a little OTT.
                      I cannot see how BT are not aware of what is going on here , when i phoned them about WCT / LA , they directed me to Andrew Thomson , and gave me his DOR resolutions url , he also used to work for BT (according to the person who answered the phone) although it took about 10 minutes of circular questions until he revealed this, along the lines of , can i speak to someone about WCT /LA , oh there is no one in the office at present , so when will they be back , who , the person who knows about this , oh i don't know i can leave them a message , do they have an email , who , the person who knows about this , he then gave me DOR url and i said , oh that belongs to Andrew Thomson , they said yes that's him , so does he work for you , no not any more , he left ... most bizarre conversation.

The guy who knows stuff at BT about WCT and LA is Rob Kirkham
                      https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-kirkham-098882b7/

Comment

Working...
                      X