• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd letter received

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
    Did you send your ETC letter by recorded delivery?

I wonder whether they are 'claiming' they didn't receive it and therefore continue to hassle you.

I believe there are laws to stop them hassling you if you dispute the debt and a process that they should follow.

Therefore they should not have sent you a second letter, unless they are claiming not to have received your dispute letter.

(I believe their plans will fail and they will be found out if they follow the aforementioned process, that is why they look like they are not following the process. Further affirms the 'shaking of the tree' nature of this exercise)
    I have sent my first letter via recorded delivery and received the acknowledgement signed by some lady staff at gladstone.. i have received this second letter today asking me to pay final due within 14 days from date of the letter which is 25th March 2020, which sounds to me that they are just playing around and taking chances. They have included the letters that they have sent during first communication (probably because i have returned their original letters with my first dispute response).

Also they mentioned that they are attaching Assignor's notice of loan assignment, Assignee's notice of loan assignment and they havent attached anything, instead they gave the URL to login and download. I guess they are trying to revalidate and harass candidates. I am totally confused now.

The reference to the documents that they mentioned sounded like they got inputs from ETC letter (though I havent used any ETC letter in my first response, I have drafted my own letter when i first disputed it)..

so looks like we are giving them feed and food for thought...

Please let me know if we have to further dispute or ignore?

Thanks

Comment

got mine yesterday

Originally posted by garincha View Post
      I ignored the first, so this final demand from gladstone's seems to be uniformly sent to everyone. So theyre ignoring your dispute representation. I havent gone to their url. If theyre ignoring your representation then they must respond in court. Let it all play out there.
      I've uploaded a copy to WTT.

This is really bloody stressful,especially at his point in time. I'm already paying the loan charge.

How legal is any of this? Especially if they won't post you a letter regarding the proof that they have

Comment

These scams seems to become more widespread.

This demand for an unpaid fine can go straight in the bin | Money | The Guardian

Don’t waste another moment of your time over this – chuck the letter in the bin. Credit Limits International appears to buy outstanding fines and then send out letters in the hope that some people will be spooked into paying. It cannot enforce them, and will never try.

Comment

Originally posted by Maffaz View Post
          Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread.

I received my second letter off Felictas Solutions today (first saying they are handling the loans from IQ Contracts and I owe them money) also this one saying I owe them money.

I have already resolved this with HMRC, signed a loan agreement with them to pay unpaid tax back.

I Just want to know do I still owe Felicitas money? or is this wrong? even when I did get a loan payment off IQ Contracts I still paid a little bit of tax on it.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with the next step I should take. I apologise again if this has been mentioned.

Thanks.
          Maffaz - you have quite a bit of reading to do I'm afraid.

The sticky at the top is probably the best summary

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-nutshell.html

Get a brew, put your feet up and have a good read through and then ask your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic View Post
            Thank you, have fired off an email detailing Fecilitas constant contacts despite me notifying them of my bankruptcy. Hopefully they get their arses kicked
            Felicitas is an Isle of Man company and the UK Official Receiver has no jurisdiction.

Try the IOM Attorney General Isle of Man Government - Attorney General's Chambers

Others have already contacted the IOM FSA and the IOM Office of Fair Trading. Get their legal people involved too.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
              Felicitas is an Isle of Man company and the UK Official Receiver has no jurisdiction.

Try the IOM Attorney General Isle of Man Government - Attorney General's Chambers

Others have already contacted the IOM FSA and the IOM Office of Fair Trading. Get their legal people involved too.
              Gladstone as agents though are based in the UK..
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Spider2000 View Post
                I cannot see how BT are not aware of what is going on here
                Spider, I think you've misunderstood me. I didn't mean to suggest that they were unaware of what was happening.

I meant that I suspected they were simply providing CSP/admin services and weren't involved other than receiving fees for their services. The real owners were probably hidden behind nominee directors (if they were then HMRC etc should know their identities already).

Clearly I could be wrong too and it was speculation on my part.

I am IOM based and have a fair knowledge of the CSP sector. BT is a longstanding family firm of accountants who diversified into CSP work some years ago (as many did). I suspect this is a piece of work they wish they'd never touched - although as I say, this is simply speculation on my part.

I should hasten to add that I'm not defending BT, merely observing that this type of work is unusual for a firm which has/had a fair reputation locally.

Comment

Has anyone responded saying send me the 'evidence' by post, I have no internet connection?

Comment

Post by Etc Tax regarding recent Felicitas/Gladstone correspondence

Felicitas & Gladstone’s Correspondence - ETC Tax

Comment

Gladstones chaser letter

Just received a chaser letter from Gladstones this afternoon, saying the payment demanded is outstanding, with link to a site to download evidence .... I was careful not to follow through at this link as they want you to confirm your DOB, Postcode etc before being allowed in.

Comment

Working...
                      X