• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download of evidence

I've also received a second letter from Felicitas with a link for downloading evidence. Haven't clicked it. No letter from Gladstone thus far...

Comment

I also received a second demand for payment from
      Gladstones. I have not opened the link. I used ETC for the original dispute response; therefore have emailed their team to see what the next steps should be.

Comment

Felicitas and Gladstones Solictors

email I sent to IOM FSA and IOM Office for Fair Trading

I have recently received 2 threatening letters (attached) from the above demanding payments for outstanding loans namely offshore solutions based on the IOM for Sanzar and Longacre (they have even cited a loan from Winchester which I never joined due to administrative error on Winchesters' part (I received a refund of all payments minus an administration fee))
        I understand that various employee benefits trusts were administered by Baker Tilly or associated with them and that they are also regulated by the Isle of Man FSA. Despite these assertions, in the letters I have seen, there is no supporting evidence that any assignment of the debt has taken place between the Trusts and Felicitas Solutions.
        The letters are asking for accrued interest since 2013 which amount to £8693.03. I did not/have not received annual loan statements with interest amounts, loan due dates etc. as set out by lending regulation.
        I view these letters as a form of harassment and wish the IOM FSA and the Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading.to deal with these organisations and stop this.
        Also the Ltd company I was operating under went into liquidation in February 2019.
        I have asked Baker Tilly to provide information held regarding me under the Data Subject Access Request.
        your help in this matter is appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJo
          What an inhumane bas******, they world is suffering but these crooks are chasing for illegitimate debts...I thought they will have some humanity to be calm on the matter for few months.

what a world we live in.
          They're cut from the same cloth as the scum flogging 1.5kg bags of flour on eBay for £50.

Utter cockroaches.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Final demand received this morning

Comment

Gladstone deny recieving dispute

I got another letter from Gladstones today with 'Signed for' on the envelope.
              I had sent my dispute recorded delivery, but they have emailed me (even though I said all communication should be in writing) to say they did not recieve it. It was cleaarly signed for and evidenced via the courier but they have blatently ignored the dispute. It cannot be a coincidence it's not just me this has happened to(?)

Now another 'Final Demand' for interest. The loans have been split out and interrest accrued on each one adding to thousands.
              I will not be providing copies of my passport and address to access some dodgy portal. IF they have evidence, it should be sent in the post. Like the THL portal, this will probably disappear at some point, but they'll have your PII.

Comment

I'm sure you all know and I apologise in advance for going over this again.

Many of you are questioning the morals and ethics of the various parties involved here; the morals and ethics of the original scheme promoters (and yes they remain in the background); the action or lack thereof of the various regulatory bodies here and in the IOM.

These are all valid perspectives and I'm sure that many will agree with the viewpoints advanced here and elsewhere.

Ultimately however, when it comes to asking an arbiter (Court, regulatory body, etc) to make a decision on liability, you need to be relying in something more than outrage and alleged actions taken other than in good faith.

I'm not going into the detail here but you need to be making a realistic assessment of what actually happened - i.e. you were an employee who earned a low salary and who signed a series of documents. Nobody forced you. Proving that you were duped or otherwise deceived is a high hurdle. These documents have force legally and without damaging their credibility you will have to prepare for the consequences of their being enforced.

Difficult as it is, you need to step away from the emotional impact - an impact those demanding money are depending upon to warp and weaken your judgement - and deal with the legal realities in as detached a manner as you can.

You may need help to do that. There are a number of us advisers who stalk these threads. Some have been at this a long while, some bring specific skills to the table. Bear in mind however that many deal with one aspect of the situation - e.g. tax - whereas others offer a more integrated service - e.g. legal, tax, insolvency - but most have something to offer.

I normally say beware those advisers who have past connections with schemes as there may be inevitable conflicts if those lesions remain.

The point is however, the shock of the demands should now be placed firmly in the past. Demands will continue and no doubt will arrive with threats of dire consequences. Those issuing them rely upon this creating panic and hasty reactions.

Just accept that you would not be the only person that day to consider those behind them to be behaving somewhat worse than any moral person should/could/would. You know that eventually you will put behind you that anger and resentment - why not start now?

Why not put your energy into helping your chosen adviser find the gaps in the schemes into which a legal crowbar can be inserted.

Give up any thoughts of retribution on past and present scheme promoters. That is not going to happen unless you have endless time and bottomless funds.

Deal with the NOW.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

You say people should take the threat of enforcement seriously.

But that presumes the threat is credible.

Using a low rent firm like Gladstones is a bit of a dead give away in my book.

I've seen nothing which suggests that the holders of the loans have any real intention of going near a court.

Everything they've done, so far, has the classic hallmarks of a "shake the tree" operation.

Until they commence actual litigation, there's nothing to suggest that they are anything other than a bunch of chancers.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    You say people should take the threat of enforcement seriously.

But that presumes the threat is credible.

Using a low rent firm like Gladstones is a bit of a dead give away in my book.

I've seen nothing which suggests that the holders of the loans have any real intention of going near a court.

Everything they've done, so far, has the classic hallmarks of a "shake the tree" operation.

Until they commence actual litigation, there's nothing to suggest that they are anything other than a bunch of chancers.
                    Gladstones are set up for cheap work, why would you spend more than absolutely necessary for what is probably a tick box exercise before the next steps...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Clear Advice - Gladstones/IQ/Darwin/Facilitas

First time poster:

Like most, in 2011/2012 signed up to Q as I was advised by the contract to do so between work. Again, like most payed HMRC following and investigation later down the line.

Second Gladstones letter received. Like all its completely out of the blue and obviously concerned that its was something I'd have addressed in 2013, not 2020 when made first aware. In Plain English, what is the best way forward as an individual? We obviously know its an 'ambulance chaser' organisation and the history of IQ. Does anyone have any clear advice on the way forward to close this situation for good without all the anger of the situation? Its all a bit messy in the forum.

Many thanks,
                      Banana2020

Comment

Working...
                      X