• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    This is a serious situation and needs a serious response.
    If it was as serious as you suggest, I can't believe ETC Tax would take it on pro bono.
    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 1 April 2020, 15:21.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      If it was as serious as you suggest, I can't believe ETC Tax would take it on pro bono.
      At the moment it's just a matter of sending holding pattern letters which you can do at little cost. Down the line I'm sure they can see money being required... At the moment it's called marketing and building up a marketing list.
      Last edited by eek; 1 April 2020, 15:33.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And they have not.

If you read what they say, they are clear that should the situation escalate they will have to charge a fee.

I also observe that correlating a firm willing to offer pro bono work to the alleged seriousness of the situation is clutching at the very thinnest of straws.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

These schemes are the gift that keep on giving.

They've created a nice little earner for many over the years. (On both sides of the fence )

It's a win win (£££££) for everyone involved. (Except the users of course)

And, yes, I am a cynical old bastard.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

This though is a professional forum which is meant to be a place for professionals to dispense such information and advice and knowledge as they consider is helpful or useful.
            I suggest that we have now heard all variations of that tune. Repeating them does not add any strength to their position.
            I have seen repeatedly the term "strength in numbers" on this thread. It just backs up the allegations of a mis-sold scheme even further. Yes, all those who entered into the scheme did so willingly, but under false pretence.
            I'd also like to point out that shooting people down who seek some kind of 'hope' from this threat is not mindful of the mental heath issues associtated with this. Please understand this is stressful, not to mention the added threat of loosing friends and family during this epidemic.

The firms that seem to 'advertise' here also have a lot to make from this. "Strength in numbers." Scare mongering and adding to people's anxiety also makes for a nice earner at a time like this.

Comment

hope advisers get the message

Originally posted by SouthKD View Post
              I have seen repeatedly the term "strength in numbers" on this thread. It just backs up the allegations of a mis-sold scheme even further. Yes, all those who entered into the scheme did so willingly, but under false pretence.
              I'd also like to point out that shooting people down who seek some kind of 'hope' from this threat is not mindful of the mental heath issues associtated with this. Please understand this is stressful, not to mention the added threat of loosing friends and family during this epidemic.

The firms that seem to 'advertise' here also have a lot to make from this. "Strength in numbers." Scare mongering and adding to people's anxiety also makes for a nice earner at a time like this.
              Very true...with the recent events in the world..the life is not normal for people and families affected with this matter...

I hope the advisers who are trying to play scaremongering tactics here, "get the message".

Life has become quite serious in the last few weeks....so honest help to the victims of the situation will go far than tactics to make monetary gains

Comment

Think before posting alarmist messages

Originally posted by SouthKD View Post
                I'd also like to point out that shooting people down who seek some kind of 'hope' from this thread is not mindful of the mental heath issues associtated with this. Please understand this is stressful, not to mention the added threat of loosing friends and family during this epidemic.

Originally posted by SteveJo View Post
                I hope the advisers who are trying to play scaremongering tactics here, "get the message".

Life has become quite serious in the last few weeks....so honest help to the victims of the situation will go far than tactics to make monetary gains
                Please take note

Comment

fully agree with webberg

I just want to move this debate past the righteous outrage stage into the "what can/should we be doing".

I think we've all seen the attempted rise and swift demise of schemes designed to "solve" outstanding loans for tax and other purposes. The legacy of those has largely been to leave people more exposed than they were before.

I fear that the longer there remains uncertainty, desperation and frankly hopeless suggestions being made and wild guesses as to likely actions from experienced lawyers, the more likely it is that a "solution" will arise (probably from a paid professional) seeking to take advantage of those with few choices.

It's happened before and although many of them have promised much and delivered not a thing, there is a lot of money here.
                  I went through the mad outrage at this and then decided that I'm not a legal bod. I know I signed up for a scheme and was lied to.

As an IT pro, I would hate a lawyer telling me how to do my job and I think it works the other way around. The Law is a bloody complicated thing and in many cases an arse. However a good legal mind knows how to slap it.

As such I'm trying to put away the anger and signed up a legal mind. PErsonally I have signed up with WTT that people mentioned in this forum in earlier posts. They seem ot have experience with all of this and have dealt with such things before.

For better or worse, I'm trying to keep calm about this (hard I know) and medicating with beer.

Good luck to all

Comment

I think one thing is certain...

Taking on Felicitas et al will be a walk in the park compared to fighting HMRC.

This is a battle that WTT, ETC and other groups can win.

Comment

I think one thing is certain...

Taking on Felicitas et al will be a walk in the park compared to fighting HMRC.

This is a battle that WTT, ETC and other groups can win.
                      Good morning all,

Long time no speak. I had sent my response disputing this with Gladstone’s, but it seems that they’ve ignored that and decided to use the worry of the Coronavirus to scare people in to paying money.

They’ve sent me a follow up letter “signed for” which repeats the same information and also says that we did write to you but you didn’t respond. Hahahahaha. Wow. These guys.

Needless to say, they’ll be getting the same letter back.

Anyone else got the same?
                      Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 23:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X