• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wazza1882 View Post
    Good morning all,

Long time no speak. I had sent my response disputing this with Gladstone’s, but it seems that they’ve ignored that and decided to use the worry of the Coronavirus to scare people in to paying money.

They’ve sent me a follow up letter “signed for” which repeats the same information and also says that we did write to you but you didn’t respond. Hahahahaha. Wow. These guys.

Needless to say, they’ll be getting the same letter back.

Anyone else got the same?

Sick sick people.
    Yes same here, they have now completely broken all FCA guidelines and rules on debt dispute.

Second letter (recorded - pointless right now I know) going back to them, we can technically sue them at this point for breaking FCA rules. However, I have had this happen to me before where the first debt dispute letter will be ignored.

Until I see a physical, wet copied signed original credit agreement with loan details and payment terms which I signed BEFORE I took the loan then the dispute letters will keep going back to them and to the Financial Ombudsman.

I have had companies much more reputable and lawful, ignore the dispute letter and thereby null and void any claim they may have had.

I have also joined up with Andy at ETC Tax.

Stay safe and strong everyone.

Comment

Good morning all,

Long time no speak. I had sent my response disputing this with Gladstone’s, but it seems that they’ve ignored that and decided to use the worry of the Coronavirus to scare people in to paying money.

They’ve sent me a follow up letter “signed for” which repeats the same information and also says that we did write to you but you didn’t respond. Hahahahaha. Wow. These guys.

Sick sick people.
      This shows what you're dealing with. Chancers looking to make a fast buck.

Send all letters "signed for" and print off the proof of delivery, from the Royal Mail website, showing the signature.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

<Mod: Post modified to protect a poster>

Yep fully agree.

I have sent it on to ETCTax who are dealing with my case.
        Last edited by cojak; 20 November 2020, 12:04. Reason: Quote removal

Comment

Good morning all,

Sick sick people.
          Oh I forgot to add to this. This is funny...

They sent a weblink to a Felicitas website which is personalised to you which is supposed to have your "evidence" on there. When you click on the link you get to a page asking you to confirm your identity. It has First Name, Last Name, DOB and Telephone number.

First Name: Complete and Visible
          Last Name: First Letter is visible and the rest starred out.
          DOB: Day Visible Month, Starred Out, Year Visible
          Telephone: Last 4 digits are visible, rest is starred out.

I mean, what is the point. I didn't fill in or confirm or submit anything. I am not going to. We've disputed this and I want to see the hard evidence.

Comment

We note that Felicitas are emailing people inviting them to click through a link that they claim leads to the "evidence" of liability.

We would suggest that is not a good idea.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKD View Post
              I'd also like to point out that shooting people down who seek some kind of 'hope' from this threat is not mindful of the mental heath issues associtated with this. Please understand this is stressful, not to mention the added threat of loosing friends and family during this epidemic.

The firms that seem to 'advertise' here also have a lot to make from this. "Strength in numbers." Scare mongering and adding to people's anxiety also makes for a nice earner at a time like this.
              I understand completely the stress that this situation causes and I like to think that we have been at the forefront of helping to deal with this.

I agree that people here need "hope", but I guarantee that false hope is more harmful than helpful. Yes we all have opinions on the motives and character of the parties here, but ultimately you have to act based on the law and the facts.

If you see a post (from an anonymous and unverified source) that happens to correspond to a desired but unacheiveable result, and pour all your hope into that, when it fails, I suggest you have gone backwards.

Instead hope based on reality is by far the better result for those looking for relieve from the stress.

You are entitled to your opinion as to the motives of commercial firms. We have never hidden the fact that we charge fees. It is unrealistic to expect those with the necessary skills to work for free. We happen to work on the "group" fee model in which each person pays a modest fee but gets access to the knowledge.

I have not to my knowledge ever indulged in scare mongering. I accept that this is a subjective view that individuals are entitled to, but I am comfortable that I don't do that.

If you think a transparent presentation of the facts and the routes to resolution is scaremongering, I and my firm probably are not for you.
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Anxiety through the roof

I am new to this forum but have been reading the threads as I find myself in a predicament. I am looking to sign up to WTT and awaiting a response to my enquiry.

So received my second threatening letter from Gladstones and unfortunately I did open the link they send with so called evidence! Wish I hadn't. I am trying to follow Webberg's approach of being pragmatic rather than emotional...for my own sanity this is probably the best approach. I hope to hear from WTT soon as I need to consider the next step and response.

Even though my anxiety is high...no doubt a lot of us on here feel that way...I would like to think there is a way forward. At present the most important thing is keeping my family well and healthy under the current circumstances...so trying not to stress too much.

Keep strong everyone

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                  ...I guarantee that false hope is more harmful than helpful.
                  That may be starting to dawn on members of the groups who have been fighting HMRC for years. With no end in sight, I should add.

What a waste of people's lives.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

HMRC have the resources to continue arguing when in fact they know they're wrong, just look at some of the IR35 cases they've lost. It's a point of principle for them, they cannot seen to be wrong, even when it's as plain as the nose on your face that they are.

One would assume (perhaps incorrectly), that the likes of Felicitas and Co probably aren't in quite the same position. That obviously doesn't mean they're not going to push and push and will just drop their claims, but it does mean that if they choose to pursue these claims to the end, then the only place this will get settled will be in court. To go there though, they would have to be VERY sure of their claims and their ability to prove them.

Comment

Got the letter for payment demand again. Letter had to be signed for this time.
                      Pay within 14 days from 25th March.

Don't know if it's worth emailing them asking why they hadn't responded to my email after the first letter?

Comment

Working...
                      X