• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELPLINE SERVICES LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Helpline services limited is about to be struck off, just like THL which they created. All these are spawned from Baker Tilly. The clock doesnt reset just because they keep respawning.w

Essentially the host (Baker Tilly et al) keeps on spawning these companies each with a different tact on attempting to extortion money from trust members they have mismanaged. I would suggest they are more at risk of being collected against than you.
    Last edited by creativity; 27 April 2020, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
      You are mixing up two seperate DOR Resolutions entities.

One DOR Resolutions was incorporated in IoM (https://opencorporates.com/companies/im/016055V), and was designed to work hand in glove with THL. THL collects the money and then passes it on to DOR Resolutions in IoM. When the THL exercise finished DOR Resolutions in the UK appeared and was presented as a sweep-up entity for those who did not 'settle' with THL. It has since been rename to Fiscus Management (FISCUS MANAGEMENT LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)). DOR Resolutions IoM was dissolved in September 2019, less than two years after it was incorporated.
      Thanks makes sense.

Comment

Trust investments

I have read all of the previous posts on this thread, and only seen the following mentioned once, that is if money that I took out of the trust was always classed as a loan (even though I was never allowed to take out more than I had paid in), where is the money that I originally invested?, has this disappeared along with the Trust companies and directors?, if that is the case, surely these previous directors that are now running other companies, risk being taken to court or at least counter sued and risk having their current assets stripped, as they have previously obtained money from investment trusts through illegal and fraudulant activities?
        Last edited by CharlieK; 28 April 2020, 09:26.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieK View Post
          I have read all of the previous posts on this thread, and only seen the following mentioned once, that is if money that I took out of the trust was always classed as a loan (even though I was never allowed to take out more than I had paid in), where is the money that I originally invested?, has this disappeared along with the Trust companies and directors?, if that is the case, surely these previous directors that are now running other companies, risk being taken to court or at least counter sued and risk having their current assets stripped, as they have previously obtained money from investment trusts through illegal and fraudulant activities?
          You entered into a service whereby you allowed your pay to be directed into a trust (you are now a member of). The trust then loaned your own cash back to you, minus tax and their cut.
          Nothing illegal about that construct.

Comment

agree but how about this info

Originally posted by creativity View Post
            You entered into a service whereby you allowed your pay to be directed into a trust (you are now a member of). The trust then loaned your own cash back to you, minus tax and their cut.
            Totally agree that seems OK.

What I now also understand from advice given from (Nation debt line, Citizens Advice, FIU IOM, Financial conduct IOM and IOM office of fair trading) is that when the so called loan was agreed and signed for the timer starts ticking.........In Scots law if the so called loan (owner) doesn't ask for interest or repayment in a period of 5yrs then the debt / loan is extinguished and in English/Welsh law it's 6yrs. I haven't heard from anyone for almost 8yrs it's only debt's such as council tax and court decreed debts which have a 20yr time limit.

One other point some of these contacts mentioned was, I'm i sure that in my case The Garraway Trust was IOM FCA approved to give out these loans? mmmm not sure and the last point were they miss-sold loans?

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
              So if I asked the trust if I can withdraw the money that I paid in, and find that the trust has either disolved taking investments with them or they state there is no money in the original trust, what is the legal stand point then?

Comment

Originally posted by happychap View Post
                Totally agree that seems OK.

What I now also understand from advice given from (Nation debt line, Citizens Advice, FIU IOM, Financial conduct IOM and IOM office of fair trading) is that when the so called loan was agreed and signed for the timer starts ticking.........In Scots law if the so called loan (owner) doesn't ask for interest or repayment in a period of 5yrs then the debt / loan is extinguished and in English/Welsh law it's 6yrs. I haven't heard from anyone for almost 8yrs it's only debt's such as council tax and court decreed debts which have a 20yr time limit.

One other point some of these contacts mentioned was, I'm i sure that in my case The Garraway Trust was IOM FCA approved to give out these loans? mmmm not sure and the last point were they miss-sold loans?
                Happy - this may assist https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...d-summary.html

Look under "mythbusting" in post #1

Also, the IOM FCA doesn't regulate lenders. The Isle of Man Moneylenders Act is regulated by the Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading (OFT). The Act itself is quite old and was introduced to address the problem of loan sharking. You'll find that the types of loans in these schemes may not necessarily be covered by the Act may therefore be unregulated.

Whether Garraway was required to register as a moneylender is probably irrelevant. If it was and has been making loans then we have a failure to register but that only gives a maximum fine of £5000 and doesn't necessarily mean the loan was not a loan. That brings you back to a civil law dispute which then gives you the three options which we always come back to.

1. Get advice and contest
                2 Contest it yourself without advice
                3 Ignore it totally

Note I didn't include paying the robdogs as an option!!

The IOM Moneylenders Act 1991 by the way is here https://legislation.gov.im/cms/image...sAct1991_5.pdf
                Last edited by piebaps; 28 April 2020, 12:57. Reason: poor smelling

Comment

Happy - forgot to add the obvious.

Beware of following advice from anonymous folk on the internet.

Comment

Felicitas - data breach warning?

Hi there.

Perhaps differently to some of the people on here (no abuse if you disagree as I have agonised over this) I have attempted to access my data on Felicitas website. It didn't work at all to begin with.

However, the other day when I went in I got a message that read:

"Change your password

A data breach on a site or app exposed your password. Chrome recommends changing your password on client.felicitas.solutions now"

I haven't seen this before and it doesn't read well(!) But I am no IT bod. Does anyone know whether this is a proper breach or jsut some kind of general warning?

Had ebough of this now.

Comment

Nothing to do with that site - it just means the credentials you're using have been found on a list of credentials that have knowingly been made public. Best change those credentials across any/all sites where you use them.

I am getting a popup message saying that "A data breach on a site or app exposed your password. - Google Chrome Community
                      Last edited by Paralytic; 29 April 2020, 08:57.

Comment

Working...
                      X