• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post
    Ok thanks I was directing my question at the original poster of the last demand post. However why did Felicitas have your email? I have never heard of them before this and soon won't hear of them again.. but I'm intrigued as to how they got people's emails.

The dispute had to go to Gladstones in the original letters.

Oh and yes I think of them much less/worse than any IT clown (one of which is probably me)
    Sorry I meant the original quoter is possibly Felicitas masquerading as one of us and posting that. But I answered because I've been approached by Felicitas by email and sms and by Gladstone via post

Comment

Originally posted by Wtaf View Post
      Felicitas won't reply anymore. They had an email address for me that I used when I was contracting.

Think of these guys like the clown in IT. Take away the power of fear and they are powerless.
      certainly a lot of other clowns in an office and not just the clown in IT

Comment

Contact this company - they are working on this

infoatwttconsulting.co.uk
        They are dealing with a lot of contractors regarding this issue

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        We have become aware that

Gladstones Solicitors Ltd (based in Knutsford)

Felicitas Solutions (based in Ramsay IOM)

Have been issuing demands for interest payments and repayment of loans that were made by:

ECS International Trustees (IOM) Ltd as a lender who appear to have acquired their interest in the debt from Black Lake Ltd, formerly IQ Consultants Ltd.

(ECS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Baker Tilly, IOM, 2a Lord St, Douglas).

There is a threat of legal action if you don't pay.

Or, you can pay 12% of the alleged balance outstanding and have all loans and interest cancelled.

(helpfully, the letter includes contact details of the Samaritans).

Be aware:

Having all or part of the loan written off for less than full value is more than likely a "relevant step" for the purposes of Part 7A and therefore WILL create a tax charge.

The arrangements leading to the making of the loan may be such that the debt can be challenged legally.

There are a number of other debatable elements in the chain of events here.

We will be advising Big Group clients on this action tomorrow.

In the short term however, the letter invites you to "dispute the amount due" and we recommend that you do.

if you are not in receipt of advice on any involvement you had in IQ - NOW is the time to rectify that.

Comment

How many have paid this time round ?

This is a quote from a previous post from Phil Manley of PMTC:

"I agree with what a number of previous posters have said in this thread in that the recalls/offers to settle are being sent out in hope that if they send 1000 then 10 may pay them. Andrew Thompson and the like are simply trying it on in a Nigerian phone/email scam style. They will not go anywhere near a court and even if they bluffed it....they would lose. Don't throw good money after bad people. Truly no need."

I'd be interested to know if anyone reading this has paid Gladstones and/or Felicitas - or if anyone knows anyone who has paid or is paying ...

Just trying to get a handle on how successful Gladstones have been in this round of scamming.

As Phil points out, if, from 1000 requests, 10 respondents pay, then this encourages (and finances) Felicitas and/or whomever to try again in a few months time.

So does anybody know anybody who has paid ... ?

For those interested, Phil's full quote is here:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ght=gladstones
          "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

Originally posted by matrix View Post
            (The above user "matrix" only joined this month, and this is their first post.)

How much are WTT charging people to deal with it?

What do people get for that fee?

And, more to the point, who are you?
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
              This is a quote from a previous post from Phil Manley of PMTC:

"I agree with what a number of previous posters have said in this thread in that the recalls/offers to settle are being sent out in hope that if they send 1000 then 10 may pay them. Andrew Thompson and the like are simply trying it on in a Nigerian phone/email scam style. They will not go anywhere near a court and even if they bluffed it....they would lose. Don't throw good money after bad people. Truly no need."

I'd be interested to know if anyone reading this has paid Gladstones and/or Felicitas - or if anyone knows anyone who has paid or is paying ...

Just trying to get a handle on how successful Gladstones have been in this round of scamming.

As Phil points out, if, from 1000 requests, 10 respondents pay, then this encourages (and finances) Felicitas and/or whomever to try again in a few months time.

So does anybody know anybody who has paid ... ?

For those interested, Phil's full quote is here:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ght=gladstones
              I don't know anyone foolish enough to have paid. I definitely won't be

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                (The above user "matrix" only joined this month, and this is their first post.)

How much are WTT charging people to deal with it?

What do people get for that fee?

And, more to the point, who are you?
                Could this be the long awaited return of WTT?

Comment

Glad to see you are all seeing the light
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 13 January 2021, 00:03.

Comment

Fantastic, WTT is back and functioning, Please setup the Standing Orders

Fantastic, WTT is back and functioning, Please setup the Standing Orders, they need you

Originally posted by matrix View Post

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                      Fantastic, WTT is back and functioning, Please setup the Standing Orders, they need you
                      I take it that you were being ironic/sarcastic?
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X