• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
    Sorry Woffle but they're not a matter of public record.

Judgements.im tells the reader "Currently this site lists the following:- The vast majority of all publically available judgments handed down from 2002 onwards". The IOM Judiciary (at least in my time here) have never been clear about which judgements appear and which ones don't.

Also your link to up and coming cases needs to be used with caution. You have posted a link to forthcoming "Summary and Small Claims" cases. There are two further separate Divisions of the IOM Courts which deal with "Ordinary" and "Chancery" business. There are slightly different rules applying to each Division and the Claimant in a case determines which Division to make a claim in. There are advantages and disadvantages which a claimant would need to explore with their legal advisors before deciding where to send their case.

Cases are only listed when a hearing of some kind is required. Case Management hearings are common and usually arise when the parties can't agree on something (for example disclosure of documents). You can identify these from the amount of time set aside. Few cases go to a full hearing and most are settled out of Court between the parties and go totally unreported.

There is nowhere to publically see what stage a particular case is at. You have to wait for it to appear on a list and then either turn up and watch, or hope that the media are present and consider that its newsworthy enough to report.

Hope this helps.
    I'll bow to your local knowledge then, but it does say the "vast majority" and so on the balance of probabilities, that is the intersection of the small number of IOM excluded cases that have also failed to make any ripples online, I'd wager there are none.

+

I picked summary as that's the most likely category 10K - 100K.

Here's a link to the index page for all types.

Isle of Man Courts of Justice

The other types of cases you mention number a handful with no match.
    Last edited by WoffleCopter; 26 June 2020, 11:07.

Comment

<Mod: Post modified to protect a poster>

I was under the impression that these alleged loans aren't FCA regulated so why would the FCA (UK or IOM?) or their guidelines have any relevance?
      Last edited by cojak; 20 November 2020, 12:08. Reason: Quote removal

Comment

Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
        I know from experience that Courts dont take too kindly to a no response attitude.
        This would certainly apply to a legitimate debt for example if you entered into a hire-purchase agreement, didn't pay and then ignored all letters.

I'm not quite so certain it would extend to ignoring an outfit that has largely acted like online parasitic scammers claiming you owe money you had originally earned.

Comment

Originally posted by WoffleCopter View Post
          I was under the impression that these alleged loans aren't FCA regulated so why would the FCA (UK or IOM?) or their guidelines have any relevance?
          We have done this back and forth many times in this thread it is not helping anyone, all of this has been discussed multiple times.

I suggest you look further back in the posts.

Comment

<Mod: PST modified to protect poster>

Would do but a thread search for FCA returns 0 results. Not going to read through the whole thread.

Comment

Would do but a thread search for FCA returns 0 results. Not going to read through the whole thread.
              How? I have mentioned (and many others) have mentioned FCA in many posts. Your last sentence says everything about you which everyone need to know.

For your lazy ass benefit, I'll mention it once more, the company G and the company F are supposed to operate under FCA guidelines, to collect the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post
                How? I have mentioned (and many others) have mentioned FCA in many posts. Your last sentence says everything about you which everyone need to know.

For your lazy ass benefit, I'll mention it once more, the company G and the company F are supposed to operate under FCA guidelines, to collect the debt.
                Resorting to ad hominems are we?

"How?" Have you actually tried it yourself? It returns zero results for FCA; what more is there to be said?

I have already read through the whole thread over the last few months and am not going to read again to check for posts pertinent to FCA as I recall nothing that answers my query.

Your point that G & F are "supposed to operate via FCA" tells me nothing. The original "loans" were not provided by an FCA regulated entity, so why are G & F supposed to operate under FCA? What if they don't does that mean the loans are invalid and if so why are people bothering to even respond to them when they can rest assured in the knowledge that an un-regulated "loan" cannot be enforced.

Comment

Resorting to ad hominems are we?

"How?" Have you actually tried it yourself? It returns zero results for FCA; what more is there to be said?

I have already read through the whole thread over the last few months and am not going to read again to check for posts pertinent to FCA as I recall nothing that answers my query.

Your point that G & F are "supposed to operate via FCA" tells me nothing. The original "loans" were not provided by an FCA regulated entity, so why are G & F supposed to operate under FCA? What if they don't does that mean the loans are invalid and if so why are people bothering to even respond to them when they can rest assured in the knowledge that an un-regulated "loan" cannot be enforced.
                  Not at all. It was a joke man... never mind it doesn't come across well in text.

For the final time the debt collection companies if based in the UK HAVE TO OPERATE UNDER FCA rules, that's it.

Unregulated loans of course can be enforced by a FCA regulated company.

Comment

Written Off

Today I received a statement which suggests that the bulk of "MY" loan has been written off, this was dated May 2020. My outstanding debt is now a fraction of the original debt. Has anyone else received this letter?

Comment

Which Scheme?

Originally posted by Paulhoylake1976 View Post
                      Today I received a statement which suggests that the bulk of "MY" loan has been written off, this was dated May 2020. My outstanding debt is now a fraction of the original debt. Has anyone else received this letter?
                      Can we ask which scheme you were with? and is all of your so called "loan" with the same scheme?

Comment

Working...
                      X