• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Mod: Post modified to protect a poster>

The dispute letter was at the HMRC, i took advice from this website on a page regarding letters from HMRC regarding umbrella companies and undeclared earnings. I was disputing the amount as there was no explanation of how they calculated it and it seemed excessive for 2 monrhs.

Ive never disputed Felicitas as until very recently had never heard of them or received a physical letter from them. On the settlement they have an old address, so presume they sent it there, if at all.

Will have a look at ETC and WTT.

Im not giving them a penny though.

Comment

Felicitas Solutions

Originally posted by SouthKD View Post
      Just had a text 'reminder' from Felicitas about my 'FINAL OFFER' that's been emailed to me...

Have not opened any emails as they're junk

Still no response to dispute sent to Galdstones 10 Weeks ago. I think this is now harrassment surely
      I received the same text and also a copy of the offer letter (forwarded to me via ETC team as they are dealing with my claim). In June I received a letter stating that my Sanzar loans have been written off. Now what is this about? I am so confused. Does the write off only include part of the loan? I have no intentions of paying and having read some of the other posts it gives me some reassurance and strength not to give into this scum bags. But still its a bit worrying. Any further thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Neha Patel View Post
        I received the same text and also a copy of the offer letter (forwarded to me via ETC team as they are dealing with my claim). In June I received a letter stating that my Sanzar loans have been written off. Now what is this about? I am so confused. Does the write off only include part of the loan? I have no intentions of paying and having read some of the other posts it gives me some reassurance and strength not to give into this scum bags. But still its a bit worrying. Any further thoughts on this?
        I'll suggest that asking ETC would more likely result in sensible advice than seeking the views of anonymous forum posters?
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Made a decision

I have made decision and made an offer to have my loan written off.

Whilst it pains me to pay anything to these individuals I cannot continue with the uncertainty, worry or the impact on my mental health.

I know may will disagree and no I can’t be assured the “deed of release” will be the end of it. However, equally I cannot have a “loan” which I could never afford to pay.

Comment

<Mod: Post modified to protect a poster>

I think however that the views expressed here from the non professional community are outliers.

they may be popular but lack any legal reasoning and come from sources which are unverified.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Wondering how felicitas can guarantee that the 'loans' won't/can't be moved onto someone else, if/when felicitas cease to exist at some point in the future. A new company can deny knowledge of them and carry on more demands?

Comment

Posing as HMRC

Anyone else getting phone calls now with a lady stating she's from HMRC making 'courtesy calls' to see if you've recieved HMRC documentation?
                Absolute bogus! I've already reported it, and confirmed HMRC did make no such call.

Perhaps they're getting more desperate now having their text messages ignored!?

Parasites!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKD View Post
                  Anyone else getting phone calls now with a lady stating she's from HMRC making 'courtesy calls' to see if you've recieved HMRC documentation?
                  Absolute bogus! I've already reported it, and confirmed HMRC did make no such call.

Perhaps they're getting more desperate now having their text messages ignored!?

Parasites!
                  Why is this here? Why are you conflating HMRC action with Felicitas and its connections. These two entities deal with entirely different matters.

HMRC did have a campaign related to settlement in which they did call as many people as they could to "confirm" that they had received settlement documents, In fact I seem to recall a senior Counter Avoidance officer telling a Parliamentary Committee that they would do this.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by neveragain View Post
                    Wondering how felicitas can guarantee that the 'loans' won't/can't be moved onto someone else, if/when felicitas cease to exist at some point in the future. A new company can deny knowledge of them and carry on more demands?
                    Reason it this way.

If (very big IF) Felicitas have sufficient legal documents to prove that they own a loan AND you enter into an agreement that acknowledges that fact AND says that in exchange for a payment, the owner of the loan will give up ALL rights to repayment, what is there left to sell to a new owner?

What does the alleged owner of the loans, now written off, actually own?

I'm very much NOT advocating settlement with Felicitas or any other party but this sort of over thinking based on legal impossibilities is not helpful.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                      Why is this here? Why are you conflating HMRC action with Felicitas and its connections. These tow entities deal with entirely different matters.

HMRC did have a campaign related to settlement in which they did call as many people as they could to "confirm" that they had received settlement documents, In fact I seem to recall a senior Counter Avoidance officer telling a Parliamentary Committee that they would do this.
                      Very simple really. Felicitas have started sending text messages. How could you find out if the messages are being sent to the intended person?
                      I confirmed with HMRC that they did not make the call. I am merely warning others to be cautious before disclosing personal identifiable information to witheld callers posing as HMRC (or anyone else for that matter).
                      Last edited by SouthKD; 10 August 2020, 15:11.

Comment

Working...
                      X