• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    HMRC don't make phone calls to chase debts - they outsource that work.....
    SouthKD did not say that HMRC phoned to chase debts, but:

Anyone else getting phone calls now with a lady stating she's from HMRC making 'courtesy calls' to see if you've recieved HMRC documentation?
    and webberg stated they did do this:

HMRC did have a campaign related to settlement in which they did call as many people as they could to "confirm" that they had received settlement documents, In fact I seem to recall a senior Counter Avoidance officer telling a Parliamentary Committee that they would do this.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 13 January 2021, 00:19.

Comment

For those who have settled

For those who have settled - Has anyone one received the confirmation letter that the debt is settled and over? How long did it take to arrive?

Has anyone called them on their number 0333 331 0139 ? Did you speak with a human?

I'm tempted to settle, I want this nightmare to be over. I'll take the hit and move on.

Comment

I too have received a 5% settlement offer via etc Tax and am in a state of flux as to what to do. It sticks in my throat to even consider paying these people but on the flip side, if I don't and they come after the full amount I'm not sure what that would do to me.

I've already 'weighed out' the HMRC with a significant sum to get them off my back and those brown envelopes that always seemed to arrive on a Friday. Now I'm thinking should I do the same here. I don't want the aggravation, the worry or the interrupted sleep but don't want to give in.

One thing I did notice and not sure if this is a minor legality but the offer does not state the name of the scheme provider.

I have gone back to etc with a few points and am hopeful they will come back on these.

In terms of alternative legal advice, I'm not sure where to turn.

Comment

Originally posted by NC71 View Post
          I too have received a 5% settlement offer via etc Tax and am in a state of flux as to what to do. It sticks in my throat to even consider paying these people but on the flip side, if I don't and they come after the full amount I'm not sure what that would do to me.

I've already 'weighed out' the HMRC with a significant sum to get them off my back and those brown envelopes that always seemed to arrive on a Friday. Now I'm thinking should I do the same here. I don't want the aggravation, the worry or the interrupted sleep but don't want to give in.

One thing I did notice and not sure if this is a minor legality but the offer does not state the name of the scheme provider.

I have gone back to etc with a few points and am hopeful they will come back on these.

In terms of alternative legal advice, I'm not sure where to turn.
          What have etctax suggested you do with the offer?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NC71
            This what they came back with

Depending on the level of alleged debt, paying a relatively small amount to ‘make them go away’ may be attractive (even if it does leave a sour taste in one’s mouth)
            So it's not insane to pay them to remove the issue

If you do settle with Felicitas, there may be a ‘leap of faith’ that Felicitas will not chase the debt in the future or pass it on to someone else in the future or that another party will in the future do the same (legal advice may help here to understand how well you would be protected against this)
            But we don't trust them and while paying up should be the end of this it's possibly not (I do think it will be though).

You are doubtless of the view that there is no debt here and in the vast majority of cases we have reviewed, Felicitas falls short of being able to prove such (again, legal advice may be helpful here)
            Their paperwork is a pile of tulip but courts at the end of the day may look at probability and benefit of doubt rather than paperwork/

If Felicitas did bring this matter to court and were successful against you, then Felicitas might decide to pursue the full amount of the alleged debt and it may be that this offer could be taken into account when assessing costs (again, legal advice may be helpful here)
            This is a valid point

On the other hand, an offer to settle a genuine debt for a mere 5p in the pound may seem like a very odd offer from a claimant who believed they have a genuine claim
            But so is this...

What to do is awkward as while 5% is annoying if the next stage is to hit courts, Felicitas need money to do that and those 5ps could be enough to allow them to move to that stage if that is the plan. And nothing etctax has said above says Felicitas argument is invalid...

I'm not involved so I won't say pay up but don't criticise people who do and don't assume that because 6 months has past anything has changed.
            Last edited by eek; 11 August 2020, 10:41.

Comment

QUOTE REMOVED

So basically get proper legal advice....I'm not sure what value has been added here as without using a third party to send and recieve your mail, you probably would have reached the same conclusions.

Get legal advice before you settle anything. Spend you money on getting a solution.
              Last edited by SouthKD; 11 August 2020, 16:04.

Comment

<Mod: Post modified to protect a poster>

Why there is nothing there that isn't common sense - heck I posted almost the same thing on a different forum yesterday regarding something else that might head towards court...

Your options are pay 5% and hope that's the end of it or gamble that Felcitas won't continue hassling you and may take it to court...

Comment

I have deleted but as previously said this is basically responding with common sense. It's not my intention to upset the apple cart on here, just share the issue and get opinion on what is a very concerning topic.

Thank you
                  Last edited by cojak; 20 November 2020, 11:54. Reason: Quote removal

Comment

Agreed

Couldn't agree more!

Very true about the amount of scum on the forum.

Comment

Spot on

---------

Another valid point here Pnr8uk you said it more politely than I would have said it haha, good on you mate for responding like you do!
                      Last edited by cojak; 20 November 2020, 11:17. Reason: Post removal.

Comment

Working...
                      X