• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Mod: post modified to protect poster>

It's not an English firm - the only English firm involved here is the debt collection firm they picked because they are cheap and seem to have become less prominent.

Question where are Felicitas Solutions and ECS Trustees based?
    Last edited by cojak; 21 November 2020, 12:39. Reason: Quote removal
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

<Mod: post modified to protect poster>

I don't why the debt cannot be disputed also, if you have documentary evidence from the scheme provider stating that it would never require repayment.

Comment

Originally posted by pnr8uk
        QED right there finally!
        And they are irrelevant to the actual issue as Felicitas from the IoM is the company seeking the money.

You are looking at 1 tiny point of the issue when the problem those of us with experience of such things are focussed on is an entirely separate and more significant issue (an IoM trust who will be using IoM trust law to recover money "owed").
        Last edited by eek; 14 August 2020, 14:08.

Comment

How can they be irrelevant they are the debt collectors!

The 1 tiny point is actually the total and utter main point, have you the rights to collect and do you own the loans legally and did you acquire them legally, which is what ETC and WTT and us are asking them to prove firstly.

We can focus on the significant issues once the proof comes.

I have nothing more to say.
          Since when did Gladstones own the debt - they are sending letters on behalf of Felicitas as agents of Felicitas - asking Gladstone if they have the rights to collect would probably result in them ignoring you (their viewpoint will be Feliticas asked as to write the letters so yep we have appropriate rights but we don't have a template response so too much effort).

Heck all Gladstones is, is a letter generation and phone call hassle firm - for x% of revenue collected they will hassle people on your behalf...

So Gladstone isn't your issue here they really are to my eyes an irrelevance. The only question I have is what will Felicitas do when the Gladstones phase is finished? Is it game over, Felicitas give up and you are free to go or is it Game on, the 5% offer disappears and Felicitas pick a few cases and start heading to court for full repayment.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Since when did Gladstones own the debt - they are sending letters on behalf of Felicitas as agents of Felicitas - asking Gladstone if they have the rights to collect would probably result in them ignoring you (their viewpoint will be Feliticas asked as to write the letters so yep we have appropriate rights but we don't have a template response so too much effort).

Heck all Gladstones is, is a letter generation and phone call hassle firm - for x% of revenue collected they will hassle people on your behalf...

So Gladstone isn't your issue here they really are to my eyes an irrelevance. The only question I have is what will Felicitas do when the Gladstones phase is finished? Is it game over, Felicitas give up and you are free to go or is it Game on, the 5% offer disappears and Felicitas pick a few cases and start heading to court for full repayment.
            My 'loans' have been written off, but I would have relished going to court to face these £eckers. It would have been a cathartic experience.

Comment

snip
              Well a debt collection firm usually doesn't own the debt - I did think the clue was in the middle word (collection)...

The debt collection firm is in the England

The actual debt is in the IoM - applying your understanding of english law there is probably as useful as your believe that the debt collection firm owns the debt... Gladstones are merely agents of the company that owns the debt and the options the agent has are limited to what has been agreed between the owner of the debt (Felicitas) and their agent (Gladstone).
              Last edited by eek; 16 August 2020, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                The only question I have is what will Felicitas do when the Gladstones phase is finished? Is it game over, Felicitas give up and you are free to go or is it Game on, the 5% offer disappears and Felicitas pick a few cases and start heading to court for full repayment.
                So what do you suggest people do?

1) pay Felicitas?

2) don't pay Felicitas and hope it never goes to court?

3) something else?
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

<Mod: Quote removed at poster's request.>

See my point above, why would Gladstones bother with the awkward squad - they aren't going to pay so there is zero incentive in answering their questions.

In Gladstones eyes (as this would be my approach) it's better to just create the paper trial and wait to see what Felicitas decide to do.

Remember Gladstones are the cheapest of the cheap when chasing debts. You use them because you either don't expect to be paid or you need to create the paper trail of offers for next stage. You don't use them if you want to pay for effort to maximise your return...
                  Last edited by cojak; 20 November 2020, 11:29. Reason: Quote removal

Comment

eek, now be honest, you're

"merely here for the entertainment"

aren't you?
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      So what do you suggest people do?

1) pay Felicitas?

2) don't pay Felicitas and hope it never goes to court?

3) something else?
                      The problem is that I don't know - as I said in my last reply this could be the final roll of the dice, as they collect the final crumbs off the table and then walk into the sunset.

Equally this could be the perfect pay day, they head to court and collect everything the trusts "loaned" out all those years ago...

The issue is that no-one except Felicitas can answer that question and even if the answer is the sunset option the threat is required to maximise the final crumbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X