• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gladstone/Felicitas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gladstone/Felicitas

It might be useful to gauge what people are thinking of doing about the repayment demand letter.

Voting in this Poll is anonymous.
    I'm not going to respond to it
    65.79%
    I'll join webberg's action
    23.68%
    I'd like to join an independent Group
    2.63%
    I'm going to pay them
    7.89%
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

I'm going to file mine and that is it. They trying it on, a variation of the trust letters. What ever happens it is not as plain sailing as they can just demand it back.

edit: I voted not to respond and already discussed with experienced adviser.

Comment

I am not feeling good about this..

I sympathise with people affected by this.

I may be facing same issues down the line.
      The umbrella went into liquidation early this year.
      According to my contract with the loan need to paid back in 2022.

What percentage of umbrella companies that have dissolved/liquidate sell on these loans to third parties ?
      How can I find out to whom my loans may have been sold on to ?
      Do I contact the liquidators or this can cause more problems for me ?
      Do I contact the umbrella director and request this information ?

Comment

Originally posted by rexx View Post

The tax avoidance scheme that pretended to be an umbrella went into liquidation early this year.

What percentage of tax avoidance schemes that pretend to be an umbrella companies that have dissolved/liquidate sell on these loans to third parties ?
        Do I contact the tax avoidance scheme that pretended to be an umbrella director and request this information ?
        Now I don't usually do this but the company you worked through was not an umbrella company and I believe it is essential when this site also has an umbrella forum that we make that 100%.

But as for the rest of your questions - all such companies will go into liquidation - it's the only way the director's of those companies escape the subsequent fallout...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Confused

Sorry this sounds a bit delayed, but anyone taken up the offer to pay off the 5% debt?

Comment

Originally posted by rexx View Post

The umbrella went into liquidation early this year.

What percentage of umbrella companies that have dissolved/liquidate sell on these loans to third parties ?
            Do I contact the umbrella director and request this information ?
            Issues with 'Tax Efficient' PAYE Umbrellas
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Neha Patel View Post
              Sorry this sounds a bit delayed, but anyone taken up the offer to pay off the 5% debt?
              I've not, not sure if I will or not. Still considering what to do.
              Assuming you haven't?

Comment

Originally posted by Neha Patel View Post
                Neha, have a read of this (if you haven't already)

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...d-summary.html

webberg's summary is pretty good. Put them to proof before you part with a penny. If you ever get any evidence and are still unsure, weigh up the 5% against the cost of getting some proper independent advice.

Don't worry about apologies here either. Everyone is discovering things at different times.

PS - beware of advice dispensed on anonymous internet fora!!

Comment

I responded

I responded, they ignored totally.

I then went to one of the two main companies helping contractors out with this situation.
                  They (the two main companies) are now asking the collectors whether they have the rights legally to even try to collect the loan, on my behalf.

I also sought legal advice on the validity of the final settlement offer should I decide to settle.

I also asked my MP for help. I know of at least three others who have taken this step.

All of the steps have had a very positive effect on my situation.
                  Last edited by GregRickshaw; 21 August 2020, 16:52.

Comment

hudson / why - please delete your posts - mentioning screw ups in public allow people to rectify the mistakes before if / when they move to their next stage..
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X