• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extract of email I received from Umbrella company before I signed any contract...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Culps67 View Post
    oh just sod off.

Getting people into a panic ? Don't blame me for your troubles.

Just trying to help folk in case the email was an example of an agency trying to deceive people. Might help with any case.

Just delete my account.
    None of the people who have posted in this thread have troubles - unlike you we all saw through the schemes as soon as they talked about us signing the money away and them "lending" it back to us.

The only person (looking at your historic posts) to be affected by a scheme is you...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And now that it's been moved to the right forum, normal services are resumed.

I for one would like to thank the OP however, as it shows how devious some of these dodgy umbrellas are.

I will copy his first post and provide context in the surrounding blurb.

Thank you Culps67.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        The only person (looking at your historic posts) to be affected by a scheme is you...
        Yea I am affected. It's only a few hundred quid though.

Comment

Yea I am affected. It's only a few hundred quid though.
          Sod it... name and shame the Umbrella because according to HMRC and SAM's review it was clear that from 2010 these schemes did not work and would be challenged. Therefore this umbrella is leading you up the garden path

Comment

Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
            Sod it... name and shame the Umbrella because according to HMRC and SAM's review it was clear that from 2010 these schemes did not work and would be challenged. Therefore this umbrella is leading you up the garden path
            It was IQ Consultants I believe - this thread is all old news....

Comment

Have they been disolved now ?. Sorry if thats common knowledge.

Comment

The umbrella I'm referring to ? Nope it wasn't.

Let me clarify why I posted what I did. Yes I forgot to say this was something that hapened in 2016 so confused people who think this has just happened recently. My mistake.

What I was trying to do was recollect how the umbrella service was sold to me. I was out of work for 18 months after redundancy and I was offered a short term contract which I snapped up. I knew absolutely nothing about loan schemes or the loan charge. I just signed up with the umbrella which was recommended by the agency. I had no reason to question whether I was signing up to some dodgy scheme.

I posted an extract of the email I was sent by the umbrella because it may help someone in any legal case against the umbrella. The email is worded in such a way that there is no such mention of a loan arrangement and is misleading. The loan part is only detailed in a small section of page 19 of a 24 page contract.

It's worth noting this umbrella not so long ago texted me with a cash bonus offer if I rejoined them.

Comment

More utter gibberish.
                  But you haven't named the "umbrella" so how does that help anyone.

Nor have you named the agency that recommended them to you - so we can't even warn others about that agency.

So in reality you haven't helped anyone you've just posted some rubbish on a thread relating to a scheme that you were too desperate and not quick enough to recognise.

Comment

But you haven't named the "umbrella" so how does that help anyone.

Nor have you named the agency that recommended them to you - so we can't even warn others about that agency.

So in reality you haven't helped anyone you've just posted some rubbish on a thread relating to a scheme that you were too desperate and not quick enough to recognise.
                    and you're allowed to say that?
                    very good.

Comment

"In terms of how this is calculated, there are 2 elements that the contractor can benefit from:

1. A salary portion (NMW) which is where the PAYE & NI are deducted.

2. The option as an employee to apply for a tax free element from his employer at a commercial rate of interest (a traditional Umbrella company will describe the difference as expenses and commission where as a Ltd Company will use a dividend option which attracts corporation tax)

The 2nd portion is a payment which is treated differently under the BIK rules and accordingly is not classed as employment income or revenue and is therefore accounted for in a different way.

We manage your tax and NI so you wouldn't need to worry about that and we will send you a payslip on a weekly basis which covers your salary amount for the period worked."
                      What else could the 2nd portion be if not a loan? Although I see they have avoided actually using the word loan.

Comment

Working...
                      X