• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

at a despair - Notice of assessment recevied

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Really, don't beat yourself up CS, HMRC are already doing enough of that!

This is the place to vent. If you can't do it here, where can you vent?

(Just don't put up, too much personal info, for your own safety.)
    I have tried venting here. Got me a perma-ban. Took years of begging for admin to let me back....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      When Her Majesty's Revenue merged with Customs and Excise, they took the serious access rights of Customs and Excise and combined it with the lower oversight of Revenue. Then they just let things simmer for a few years..
      Add in retrospection being considered okay in 2008. But it was fine as long as those afected pay their "fair" share. Now contractorsare being asked to pay their "fair" share suddenly the complaints start....

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        HMRC are immensely powerful in Gov't and think that they can literally get away with anything from intimidating taxpayers to ignoring the rule of law to lying to Parliament. Unfortunately, they have done all of this and have not been reprimanded.
        They are like the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad back in the 70s and 80s.

West Midlands Serious Crime Squad - Wikipedia

The Police knew who the criminals were but couldn't pin anything on them, so they fitted them up instead.

HMRC take the same attitude with scheme users. The ends (nailing them) justify the means (lying and dishonesty).
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
        X