• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loans being demanded - a summary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Where did it all go wrong View Post
    Interesting... not in BG. Maybe I got this wrong.
    I thought that BG was for litigation? Therefore the 15+ VAT per month and any other BG joining fee shouldn’t be income? it may cover litigation but it also pays WTT's wages, expenses, overheads As surely it’s to go towards paying for the BG JR lawyers / QC. When is that JR starting anyway?

Are they charging subscriptions to tell those companies asking for loan repayments to fk off also? yes but don't know much Think I can email that myself for free. ?
    To be fair, though, the amounts being charged are peanuts compared to what the original scheme promoters charged (c. 10% of all earnings).
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      To be fair, though, the amounts being charged are peanuts compared to what the original scheme promoters charged (c. 10% of all earnings).
      That’s right the amounts are low which I guess is why ppl think it’s ok to pay. Still 3000 x £15 + VAT per month adds up. About 45k + VAT per month. That’s if there are only 3000. How many years now? And how much to join at start? Let’s hope they don’t count it as income as the post above seemed to suggest to me re BG folk being only income they have. I have been watching BG with interest ever since I first spoke on phone to GW 2018 and I still haven’t seen a JR date. ? 65% chance of success Is surely only possible if they take action. Come to think of it 65% ... where did they get that % from?

Comment

Originally posted by yeahitsphil View Post
        This.

Don't offer them a single penny and they WILL go away eventually. In fact their entire 'business' model is to install fear and pray that people make any kind of offer. There are v many numerous reasons why you are safe to ignore, but to start with the main one - if they had any legal right then do you really think they would be making 'offers'? They would've had you in court along time ago, they cant nor wont though.
        I’d go further than that and say it is imperative to ignore. To engage in any way is risking unwittingly entering into a contract with these scum.

Comment

Originally posted by stevematch View Post
          I found ETC on Twitter and they are willing to send letters on your behalf to Felicitas for no cost. Others on the forum are charging fees for this service. Plenty of good info on the forum for everyone , some really good contributors to date.

Did ETC have good experience in dealing with these types of cases? Also I can’t find them anywhere. Do they have a website?

Comment

Originally posted by Laith View Post
            Did ETC have good experience in dealing with these types of cases? Also I can’t find them anywhere. Do they have a website?
            The type of case is possibly a large spread blanket.

In the first instance they (ETC and WTT) are disputing the validity of the credentials of the claimers who are attempting to collect the loans, for many of us.

WTT are also very good in this area and are helping many of us.
            Last edited by GregRickshaw; 20 August 2020, 16:34. Reason: english

Comment

Originally posted by Laith View Post
              Google ETC Tax and you'll find them

Comment

Felicitas Payment Day!!

Hoping someone replies:

Obviously in a pickle with the whole Darwin/IQ/Felicitas/Gladstone malarkey and today COP is when I either ignore or pay the 5% settlement fee offered.

I just like some sensible advice on...is this actually enforceable? When in fact in reality, it's money we all earned, paid Darwin/IQ and their is no real debt just a number on a spreadsheet we just got back less their fee. In the original documentation no interest was mentioned, no payment plan etc. Like everyone else its a bit of a stress.

Main Q - What is the right course of action here and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Banana2020 View Post
                  Hoping someone replies:

Obviously in a pickle with the whole Darwin/IQ/Felicitas/Gladstone malarkey and today COP is when I either ignore or pay the 5% settlement fee offered.

I just like some sensible advice on...is this actually enforceable? When in fact in reality, it's money we all earned, paid Darwin/IQ and their is no real debt just a number on a spreadsheet we just got back less their fee. In the original documentation no interest was mentioned, no payment plan etc. Like everyone else its a bit of a stress.

Main Q - What is the right course of action here and why?
                  It's a bit late in the day to be asking that question - you really needed someone like Etc or WTT to explain the options as no-one is going to do that on a public forum which Felicitas is known to read.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

EEK: Constructive relpy

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    It's a bit late in the day to be asking that question - you really needed someone like Etc or WTT to explain the options as no-one is going to do that on a public forum which Felicitas is known to read.
                    Eek, Many thanks appreciate its last minute and in a stress like probably a few others who have little resources or capacity at present; hence running to deadline day. Appreciate the effort in the reply though something more constrictive would have been useful as regardless if Felictas (or whoever) are watching does it make a difference? Happy to hear what you feel is the right course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by Banana2020 View Post
                      Eek, Many thanks appreciate its last minute and in a stress like probably a few others who have little resources or capacity at present; hence running to deadline day. Appreciate the effort in the reply though something more constrictive would have been useful as regardless if Felictas (or whoever) are watching does it make a difference? Happy to hear what you feel is the right course of action.
                      I'm not sure how I can be more constructive when you still don't seem able to accept that you have a real debt (entirely separate to HMRC's tax demands) to a trust in the IoM that needs to be sorted out - and I really don't have time nor the inclination to explain the full details yet again (as I don't have the days that would be required).

Edit - to add while the Felicitas thread probably contains the complete picture it's possible that something is missing so you really do need WTT to ETC to reiterate the options and consequences of those options.
                      Last edited by eek; 28 August 2020, 08:52.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X