• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loans being demanded - a summary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scenario with the alleged liability to Felicitas is a difficult one but by waiting until close to the deadline you have already limited your options.

The claimed deadline is only relevant if you believe that those behind the demands are serious about enforcing them and have the required proof that you owe them money.

If you think the answer to either of those questions is "no", then do nothing because they will not or cannot touch you.

If you think the answer to either of those questions is "yes", by leaving it late, you either need to get some fast answers or take a chance.

No adviser who has clients already engaged and a strategy, is going to come on here and explain it. That said you do not need to be a genius to understand the options.

1. Ignore everything and hope it goes away.
    2. Engage with Felicitas without admitting liability and establish what evidence they may (or may not) have: evaluate that evidence: perhaps get advice: make a decision to:
    3. Resist all claims backed by a sound analysis and knowing what you may face in a Court in terms of papers etc*
    4. settle all claims either on what is being offered now, or make a counter offer.

Option 1 is not a strategy. Doubling down on that by making public or private derogatory comments is also unlikely to help. (I will be clear here that threats of a personal nature directed at individuals are unacceptable).

Option 2 is sensible but it's now too late.

Option 3 can still happen if your analysis is lacking. If you do not wish to use option 4, then you need to contact Felicitas and tell them that you do not acknowledge a debt. Then you need to educate yourself or appoint an agent.

Option 4 is entirely possible but is your choice.

So really your options are to do something - preferably today - around 3 or 4 above.
    Last edited by webberg; 28 August 2020, 10:50. Reason: "not"
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      "That said you do need to be a genius to understand the options.
      I think that should read "... you do NOT need to be a genius to understand the options."

(Because I do have quite a good grasp of the options and my boss and my partner both emphatically deny that I am a genius :-()
      "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

Originally posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
        I think that should read "... you do NOT need to be a genius to understand the options."

(Because I do have quite a good grasp of the options and my boss and my partner both emphatically deny that I am a genius :-()
        Mine as well.

Thank you - amended.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Banana2020 View Post
          Hoping someone replies:

Obviously in a pickle with the whole Darwin/IQ/Felicitas/Gladstone malarkey and today COP is when I either ignore or pay the 5% settlement fee offered.

I just like some sensible advice on...is this actually enforceable? When in fact in reality, it's money we all earned, paid Darwin/IQ and their is no real debt just a number on a spreadsheet we just got back less their fee. In the original documentation no interest was mentioned, no payment plan etc. Like everyone else its a bit of a stress.

Main Q - What is the right course of action here and why?
          Today is actually the fourth absolute deadline date.

Comment

Deadline day again

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
            Today is actually the fourth absolute deadline date.
            Totally agree.

It's just another deadline day.

Some people have paid 5% some have got a better deal at 2%, maybe we should all push for 0.5%.

Having paid that money what guarantee have you that Felicitas doesn't chase you for more, knowing that you are a soft touch or even worse that Felicitas sell the so-called loans to another company...

Take me to court, I say!!!!
            Last edited by happychap; 28 August 2020, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by happychap View Post
              Totally agree.

It's just another deadline day.

Some people have paid 5% some have got a better deal at 2%, maybe we should all push for 0.5%.

Having paid that money what guarantee have you that Felicitas doesn't chase you for more, knowing that you are a soft touch or even worse that Felicitas sell the so-called loans to another company...

Take me to court, I say!!!!
              Or pay 0.00% to a company who has yet to prove they even own the debt.

Comment

Waiting for the 'most people... ' next email

So we now wait for the inevitable 'most people did settle... as you are one of the few... it goes back up to 10%' email.
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 January 2021, 11:46.

Comment

Received a demand

I have received a demand for circa £162,000 with a 5% settlement. I need advice on this as I see it as being missold as I was told the original loans would be renewed, not sold on. Darwin / IQ have technically received their money from the agency / client I worked through but I'm not enjoying the tatics deployed by Gladstone Brookes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankyboy View Post
                    I have received a demand for circa £162,000 with a 5% settlement. I need advice on this as I see it as being missold as I was told the original loans would be renewed, not sold on. Darwin / IQ have technically received their money from the agency / client I worked through but I'm not enjoying the tatics deployed by Gladstone Brookes.

Any help would be appreciated.
                    None of that matters - there is a thread on IQ that covers the details but:

1) it is a loan
                    2) the loan is held to a trust and the management of the trust can change - whether it has is a different question

You need advice off this forum (as the people on this forum have included Felicitas staff providing advice that was beyond dodgy) and WTT (Webberg) on here is the only visible option so I would recommend them.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

have to thank WTT

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      None of that matters - there is a thread on IQ that covers the details but:

1) it is a loan
                      2) the loan is held to a trust and the management of the trust can change - whether it has is a different question

You need advice off this forum (as the people on this forum have included Felicitas staff providing advice that was beyond dodgy) and WTT (Webberg) on here is the only visible option so I would recommend them.
                      I got a text message off them a few weeks ago giving me 14 days to pay. They sent me a "copy" of teh loan agreement a few months back but a large number of the pages were blacked out. It's a giant con in my view. MASSIVELY missold. WTT have been brilliant.

Felicitas' messages are basically identical to some random dude coming up to your door and asking for money. Zero proof.

Comment

Working...
                      X