• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoey - next steps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that a much more detailed (entirely polite) post I made earlier has not materialised. The public criticism that began this thread was apparently perfectly acceptable but it appears that others are protected and critical posts removed.

So, much more succinctly, WebberG was true to his word & approached both myself and Hoey’s solicitors re a meeting to exchanges views. But when asked to provide bone fides and to answer, offline, the two key questions put to him, he chose not to respond but to post more misleading claims on a different forum.

The claimed “other weapons” in this thread it seems amount to a false claim about the facts presented to the FTT in Hoey (which can be disproved from reviewing the witness statements and transcripts) and a box fresh, “further idea” that can only be described as one Baldrick would be proud of. That s684(7A) ITEPA can turn off the obligation to account for PAYE in one section of Chapter 3, Part 11 ITEPA 2003 but not another that immediately precedes it. That it can disapply the obligation from one payer but not another, entirely contrary to what Higgs decided. And was predicated on the basis that you get “nowhere near” the very provisions you actually have to rely on to make someone other than the recipient liable.

It is the Crown Jewels that are being hidden from view only if you give that term it’s slang meaning!

Caveat Emptor.

I’m off. Bon chance.

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    It is quite serious if hundreds of people are continuing to pay £15/month in the belief that there is a 65% chance of success, and that's no longer the reality. I wonder if WTT's counsel still stands by the 65%?

It seems to me that the whole PAYE "someone else is liable" argument has seriously hit the rocks. NTRT were the first to come up with this a number of years ago (TAA) and their case has been broadsided too. It probably hasn't helped that so many have jumped on the bandwagon. I bet HMRC have had lawyers poring all over this.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbydazzler75 View Post
      I wouldn't worry too much. There will shortly be news with regards to a removal of retrospection from law. All by a person who has been constantly abused as it happens. The truth is coming shortly.
      When? Are you Phil Manley?

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
        It seems that a much more detailed (entirely polite) post I made earlier has not materialised. The public criticism that began this thread was apparently perfectly acceptable but it appears that others are protected and critical posts removed.
        Two posts have been removed from this thread. One by the poster himself, the other by me in response to complaints received by the moderator team. That post may be reinstated - we're discussing it.

Possibly Saleos is complaining of a post in another thread - I haven't checked. But I can tell you that no post of his made in this thread has been deleted.

I have checked all threads updated in the last couple of days. There have been a total of four posts deleted. The two mentioned above, plus two more that were deleted by the posters. No post of Saleos has been deleted.

Feel free to draw from that any conclusion you wish.
        Last edited by NotAllThere; 28 April 2020, 12:26. Reason: Edit - looked for in other thread.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
          When? Are you Phil Manley?
          haha - Hi, no, I'm not, nor am I any known tax advisor and I imagine the mods will be able to confirm that from my login details, I'm just someone who happens to be well placed to know whats going on.

Again, no need for anyone to believe a word that I say but will, without any doubt whatsoever, all come out in the wash. To answer your question... very likely by end of next week...

I would admit however I'm a friend of Phil's and it's probably best if you all back off him. Or as cojak puts it "never forgive, never forget". Sometimes you are all shooting yourselves in the foot by flogging a dead horse due to not wishing to know the truth.

And to the earlier poster....do, you really think the appg would have defended Phil wrt insella unless they had irrefutable proof that he never was profiting from it? Do you truly believe sir Ed Davey is that stupid? So yes, the entire story was "tax advisor offers tax advice" hardly a best seller tbh.

if anyone especially wants I can ask Phil to log back in and answer any queries but he may tell me to f*** off with that idea and I'm not sure what it would achieve also given the blinkered attitudes the wtt cult on here have...

Comment

Again, no need for anyone to believe a word that I say but will, without any doubt whatsoever, all come out in the wash. To answer your question... very likely by end of next week...
            Many thanks.

If you could post more as / when you have it I'm sure many would be grateful.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much. There will shortly be news with regards to a removal of retrospection from law. All by a person who has been constantly abused as it happens. The truth is coming shortly.
              I love the optimism. Fingers crossed and many thanks for cheering me up nearly.will be complete when its announced.
              Last edited by lowpaidworker; 28 April 2020, 13:32.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Two posts have been removed from this thread. One by the poster himself, the other by me in response to complaints received by the moderator team. That post may be reinstated - we're discussing it.

Possibly Saleos is complaining of a post in another thread - I haven't checked. But I can tell you that no post of his made in this thread has been deleted.

I have checked all threads updated in the last couple of days. There have been a total of four posts deleted. The two mentioned above, plus two more that were deleted by the posters. No post of Saleos has been deleted.

Feel free to draw from that any conclusion you wish.
                If it is the one I am thinking of, then please take peoples mental states into consideration. Too much damage has already been done. That isn't coming from one side of the fence or the other, purely and simply from a human capacity.

I have my personal thoughts on the slagging match, but will keep them to myself. This subject is literally killing people and despite certain posts that maybe coming with all good intentions... you will be surprised how much MENTAL damage they have caused. Situations caused overnight, but will take much, much longer to recover from !!!!
                Last edited by regron; 28 April 2020, 17:16.
                STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
                  I love the optimism. Fingers crossed and many thanks for cheering me up nearly.will be complete when its announced.
                  Will Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                    Many thanks.

If you could post more as / when you have it I'm sure many would be grateful.
                    Will do.

Comment

Hoey - next steps

Silence from WTT is quite something.

Comment

Working...
                      X