• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoey - next steps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
    Well this all seems to have rapidly escalated as Big Group have closed their forum. It says the forum has been closed because of information being leaked but there has always been a big overlap of this forum and the BG one as people often discuss the same topics on both at the same time, so you’ll see the same links on both etc. So what exactly has gone on? I can only assume it is something fundamental to the BG plan being posted somewhere but I also find this hard to believe as the technical details of the BG strategy are always keep secret even from members - the forum is mostly members exchanging views. so I’m unclear what exactly has gone on. No forum is very bad as that was the main benefit for people like me that were only impacted by the Loan Charge. Without going into the specifics (ie whatever was leaked) can someone tell me what is going on?

Maybe, there is no BG plan, strategy!! And maybe there are no technical details, and maybe someone is now counting their gains from having absolutely nothing. Nice little earner as Arfur would say

Comment

Well this all seems to have rapidly escalated as Big Group have closed their forum. It says the forum has been closed because of information being leaked but there has always been a big overlap of this forum and the BG one as people often discuss the same topics on both at the same time, so you’ll see the same links on both etc. So what exactly has gone on? I can only assume it is something fundamental to the BG plan being posted somewhere but I also find this hard to believe as the technical details of the BG strategy are always keep secret even from members - the forum is mostly members exchanging views. so I’m unclear what exactly has gone on. No forum is very bad as that was the main benefit for people like me that were only impacted by the Loan Charge. Without going into the specifics (ie whatever was leaked) can someone tell me what is going on?
      BG forum is for BG members only. People should not be sharing what is said on the BG forum outside of the forum and they sure as hell should not be sharing it with the likes of "bobbydazzler75" to plaster over CUK. No wonder the technical details are kept under wraps when certain members of BG cannot be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by CockneyRed View Post
        Maybe, there is no BG plan, strategy!! And maybe there are no technical details, and maybe someone is now counting their gains from having absolutely nothing. Nice little earner as Arfur would say
        That's not entirely fair.

They do have a strategy but it's basically the same as all the other groups. Unfortunately, this has already failed in court.

They claim they have something extra, a "secret sauce". Another advisor Saleos, who was involved in the court cases, accused them earlier in this thread of having nothing, of misleading their members. The implication being the "secret sauce" is smoke and mirrors, a subterfuge.
        Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 30 April 2020, 08:17.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL17 View Post
          BG forum is for BG members only. People should not be sharing what is said on the BG forum outside of the forum and they sure as hell should not be sharing it with the likes of "bobbydazzler75" to plaster over CUK. No wonder the technical details are kept under wraps when certain members of BG cannot be trusted.
          To be fair, nothing of secret was ever posted on the BG forums (that I saw anyway). I would post questions on the BG forum about general LC stuff but replies would just be from other members who didn't really know any more than me. It often feels like a bunch of lost sheep over there. I quickly learnt that posting the same question on here would elicit a fast response not only from webber but also iliketax and I would then have an answer much more quickly. Lots of people would do the same hence many parallel discussions. But there were no more 'secrets' on the BG threads than there are here. In fact, I would even go as far as saying wtt is more open here about strategy than on the BG forum itself. Although, I guess there could have been more on there than I was aware of, as I only was interested in the LC not the 'strategy' as my years are all closed.

Comment

If I was a BG member (with open years) I'd want convincing that WTT really have something of substance.

Unless all folks want is to buy more time, there's no point going to an FTT with rehashes of arguments which have already been emphatically rejected.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

To be fair, nothing of secret was ever posted on the BG forums (that I saw anyway). I would post questions on the BG forum about general LC stuff but replies would just be from other members who didn't really know any more than me. It often feels like a bunch of lost sheep over there. I quickly learnt that posting the same question on here would elicit a fast response not only from webber but also iliketax and I would then have an answer much more quickly. Lots of people would do the same hence many parallel discussions. But there were no more 'secrets' on the BG threads than there are here. In fact, I would even go as far as saying wtt is more open here about strategy than on the BG forum itself. Although, I guess there could have been more on there than I was aware of, as I only was interested in the LC not the 'strategy' as my years are all closed.
              I don't really want to rehash things but suffice to say something was posted on the BG forum, members were told it was confidential, not that they should have needed telling, and then some massive twat shared it anyway.

Comment

I don't really want to rehash things but suffice to say something was posted on the BG forum, members were told it was confidential, not that they should have needed telling, and then some massive twat shared it anyway.
                Ah I see. I must have missed it then. But really, why take down the whole forum rather than just deleting the specific post in question?

Comment

Ah I see. I must have missed it then. But really, why take down the whole forum rather than just deleting the specific post in question?
                  One of the posts that was removed basically said if they didn't take down the BG forum then they would send all the details and screen shots they had gathered to HMRC.
                  Last edited by Invisiblehand; 30 April 2020, 09:35. Reason: Unfair

Comment

I'm not sure how that exactly helps if screen shots were taken. Heck, if I'd made threats like that, I'd've made sure I had all the evidence before making the threat.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I struggle to believe anything truly confidential appears on a forum, even one like BG which is somewhat restricted. Surely not? That's certainly one of the last places I would post anything that truly is confidential.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X