• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoey - next steps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    That's not entirely fair.

They do have a strategy but it's basically the same as all the other groups. Unfortunately, this has already failed in court.

They claim they have something extra, a "secret sauce". Another advisor Saleos, who was involved in the court cases, accused them earlier in this thread of having nothing, of misleading their members. The implication being the "secret sauce" is smoke and mirrors, a subterfuge.
    I have no skin in this game. But maybe, just maybe, if the wheels haven't yet fallen off that band wagon, then they are all loose and wobbly? I watch with interest. There could be a good book in this whole story one day for someone to wrtie.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      That's not entirely fair.

They do have a strategy but it's basically the same as all the other groups. Unfortunately, this has already failed in court.

They claim they have something extra, a "secret sauce". Another advisor Saleos, who was involved in the court cases, accused them earlier in this thread of having nothing, of misleading their members. The implication being the "secret sauce" is smoke and mirrors, a subterfuge.
      What isn't fair is charging a monthly fee for years without any evidence of this 'secret 'sauce and claims of FTT etc which also haven't materialised. Perhaps these wheels are indeed wobbly and people are establishing the truth. Who knows??

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        I have no skin in this game. But maybe, just maybe, if the wheels haven't yet fallen off that band wagon, then they are all loose and wobbly? I watch with interest. There could be a good book in this whole story one day for someone to wrtie.
        It's a scandal unfolding

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
          One of the posts that was removed basically said if they didn't take down the BG forum then they would send all the details and screen shots they had gathered to HMRC.
          WTF! Why would anyone do that?

And why not just block that account and report them to the police for blackmail? Wtt know the identities of everyone on the BG forum. Ah ... or do you mean that that threat was made on this forum? I can see that would be more complex.
          Last edited by starstruck; 30 April 2020, 11:47.

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
            WTF! Why would anyone do that.
            There seem to be some, on both sides, that now have an anarchic state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennydroppers View Post
              It's a scandal unfolding
              I am beggining to wonder. I really hope not. It'd be the biggest scam of all if it was.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
                WTF! Why would anyone do that?

And why not just block that account and report them to the police for blackmail? Wtt know the identities of everyone on the BG forum. Ah ... or do you mean that that threat was made on this forum? I can see that would be more complex.
                It was made here.

I know it's crazy right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  I am beggining to wonder. I really hope not. It'd be the biggest scam of all if it was.
                  A lot of staff are now ex HMRC. I have wondered for a while based on their advice given whether they are actually working on the inside! I hope not as tbf they have always seemed very genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
                    A lot of staff are now ex HMRC. I have wondered for a while based on their advice given whether they are actually working on the inside! I hope not as tbf they have always seemed very genuine.
                    I don't believe that for a minute.

The issue is, currently no-one has an answer for HMRC claiming they have discretion to disapply the PAYE regs and transfer liability from an intermediary to the users.

Even if the Kray twins were running an agency, HMRC would let them off the hook so they could nail the scheme users.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
                      No. People learn the tax trade within HMRC and then go off to make some money out of their knowledge of the goobledygook tax system. I doubt HMRC breeds any loyalty.

Comment

Working...
                      X