• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoey - next steps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iter View Post
    A lot of staff are now ex HMRC. I have wondered for a while based on their advice given whether they are actually working on the inside! I hope not as tbf they have always seemed very genuine.
    Well, being effectively a double agent would be a very dangerous game to play. I can't imagine, (though recognise it's possible) anyone with a shred of credibility could pull that one off. It'd be like pulling a pin out of a grenade whilst still holding it.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
      No. People learn the tax trade within HMRC and then go off to make some money out of their knowledge of the goobledygook tax system. I doubt HMRC breeds any loyalty.
      Totally agree.

Lots of tax people cut their teeth at HMRC. Questioning the WTT strategy is fair enough but I think suggesting that their staff might be somehow colluding with HMRC is a step too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
        Totally agree.

Lots of tax people cut their teeth at HMRC. Questioning the WTT strategy is fair enough but I think suggesting that their staff might be somehow colluding with HMRC is a step too far.
        In fact, I would suggest it's absurd to go that far.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbydazzler75 View Post
          Again, no need for anyone to believe a word that I say but will, without any doubt whatsoever, all come out in the wash. To answer your question... very likely by end of next week...
          Any news?

Comment

Any news?
            Think there is a problem with creating expectation like this person has. Yes, things are being worked on but to put timelines and expectations out there is asking for a fall. Westminster politics doesn't work to other people's expectations, only its own interests.

And I feel like I am repeating myself here.

Comment

Any news?
              Bobby got banned from here

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
              X