• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC turning a blind eye to FRAUD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by More Lamb View Post
    What would you normally expect HMRC to do about that?
    Depends whether a loan scheme was involved or not. But I'm not HMRC and I'm not playing devils advocate.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What about a UK agency which only ever supplied self-employed workers, and a few thousand of them over several years? What would you normally expect HMRC to do about that?
      If HMRC had been aware of it at the time it was happening, you'd think they would have investigated the agency. Supplying thousands of (high earning) self-employed workers is clearly taking the piss, even if it's not illegal.

If they only found out about it years after the fact, I can see why it suits them to disregard it. The chances of collecting the PAYE from the company now are presumably zilch. Much easier to go after YOU for the money!
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

You'd think someone at HMRC might have queried WTF this UK company was up to.
        1. In 2007, UK-FC turned over £59m yet only had 6 staff including directors!
        2. Of that £59m coming in, £57m left the company headed for the IoM.
        3. UK-FC was a wholly owned subsidiary of an IoM company

But now some compliance officer at HMRC says it wouldn't be "appropriate" for UK-FC to have to comply with the PAYE regulations.

What a joke.

Comment

But now some compliance officer at HMRC says it wouldn't be "appropriate" for UK-FC to have to comply with the PAYE regulations.

What a joke.
          £59m - £57m = £2m to line the six employees pockets.

Nice little earner for processing invoices.

kind of get why these schemes were so aggressively marketed and sold

Comment

Which scheme was this?
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

What a joke.
              I'd happily pay normal tax on my sixth of £59m revenue. Take £5m of costs for the company out and you're still in a very happy place.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
              X