• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hamilton Rose LC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamilton Rose LC

Bit surprised to see this being advertised on CUK.

Loan Charge | Hamilton Rose Loan Charge

Claim to have a "solution" to the loan charge and open years.

Timing may not be a coincidence. Might be trying to cash in on the BG uncertainty.

Treat with scepticism.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Timing may not be a coincidence. Might be trying to cash in on the BG uncertainty.

Treat with scepticism.
    More swooping vultures?

We'll take your money without any guarantees!! Oh, and another monthly fee taker! Those affected by the LC, APNs etc are already neck deep in money worries

Comment

No they.re fine -

"Hamilton Rose LC have been working with the pre-eminent Tax QC to establish a filing position that reduces the “Loan Charge” to nil. This will bring relief to thousands of taxpayers"

That sounds familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
        No they.re fine -

"Hamilton Rose LC have been working with the pre-eminent Tax QC to establish a filing position that reduces the “Loan Charge” to nil. This will bring relief to thousands of taxpayers"

That sounds familiar.
        Only too familiar unfortunately. People will need to have their heads tested to want to take up this 'opportunity'.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Treat with scepticism.
          Where is this please? Admin makes a point of weeding these adverts out of the stream, but the odd one still gets through.

Was this a banner ad?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Just seen it, dammit.

Admin will need to add it to his filter - reported.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay posting - was checking with the mods in case they were aware of something that we weren't and explaining CUK's position.

The people running Hamilton Rose have a very credible background in tax investigations and have been using the forum for many years to discuss what they plan to do. The banners are adverts, they are not a recommendation - in the same way that the ads for accountants and umbrella companies are - we are not telling people to use any of the services we host adverts for, it is always down to the individual to complete their own due diligence and to decide if a service they have seen is right for them.

We have other providers posting here that offer the same sort of service - the posts on the forum from webberg and Phil aren't recommendations either but we allow them to post so running ads for an equivalent service to me is a non-issue.

Having read their site through though I am not convinced that they are any different to Big Group, Phil Manley Tax etc - these firms are all selling a potential solution. One of the main points to consider on the HRLC site for me was:

"It is very likely that HMRC will not agree with the filing position. However, HRLC consider that the position is defendable and will, at the very least, provide you with a significant cash flow advantage. We have excellent prospects of success through the courts, if required."

The cash flow advantage for some - putting off the charges while they sort out the means to pay or whatever - might well be worth the outlay for some.

Like all services whether it be a Ltd Co accountant, a book-keeper down the road or a tax advisory service like this one - check the terms, check the costs, read up on the subject and make your own mind up. If we don't allow these ads on the forum then really we should stop all firms posting who are offering solutions to the loan charge predicament as none that I have seen have given a water-tight guarantee that they will be successful.

If anyone has any feedback or information about this firm or any other they can post freely here or email editor @ contractoruk.com if they would prefer to remain anonymous. The security and safety of our readers is of the utmost importance to us and if we thought this company were simply scammers who had no chance of helping people then we would not have accepted their ads.

Cheers,

Admin

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                Hi All,

Sorry for the delay posting - was checking with the mods in case they were aware of something that we weren't and explaining CUK's position.

The people running Hamilton Rose have a very credible background in tax investigations and have been using the forum for many years to discuss what they plan to do. The banners are adverts, they are not a recommendation - in the same way that the ads for accountants and umbrella companies are - we are not telling people to use any of the services we host adverts for, it is always down to the individual to complete their own due diligence and to decide if a service they have seen is right for them.

We have other providers posting here that offer the same sort of service - the posts on the forum from webberg and Phil aren't recommendations either but we allow them to post so running ads for an equivalent service to me is a non-issue.

Having read their site through though I am not convinced that they are any different to Big Group, Phil Manley Tax etc - these firms are all selling a potential solution. One of the main points to consider on the HRLC site for me was:

"It is very likely that HMRC will not agree with the filing position. However, HRLC consider that the position is defendable and will, at the very least, provide you with a significant cash flow advantage. We have excellent prospects of success through the courts, if required."

The cash flow advantage for some - putting off the charges while they sort out the means to pay or whatever - might well be worth the outlay for some.

Like all services whether it be a Ltd Co accountant, a book-keeper down the road or a tax advisory service like this one - check the terms, check the costs, read up on the subject and make your own mind up. If we don't allow these ads on the forum then really we should stop all firms posting who are offering solutions to the loan charge predicament as none that I have seen have given a water-tight guarantee that they will be successful.

If anyone has any feedback or information about this firm or any other they can post freely here or email editor @ contractoruk.com if they would prefer to remain anonymous. The security and safety of our readers is of the utmost importance to us and if we thought this company were simply scammers who had no chance of helping people then we would not have accepted their ads.

Cheers,

Admin
                Hi

Hopefully you will agree that we have no problem whatsoever on a personal basis and on the few times that we have spoken we have, I like to think, always maintained a good relationship
                However...Cash flow advantage? Perhaps they could have mentioned the huge penalties and interest which will occur. Perhaps they have forgot to mention that Hamilton Rose are owned by John Brassey who is an Ex AML director who flogged the schemes in the first place. Perhaps they forget that the disclosure plan is devised by RVQC who as it happens messed up the JR and if that hadn't messed up then he wouldn't have been able to sell this plan to HR and make another quarter Mill and also....Im not selling a single 'solution' as its too late for that. My plan and has been for months and clients will agree, is that IM WORKING FOR FREE, with no ongoing payments, and when asked assisting APPG if they ever want advice. Reason I do that is because the only way to change the law which has already occurred (on 5 April 2019) is well.....to change the law via MPs in parliament.
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 May 2020, 19:30. Reason: Edited and warned

Comment

Originally posted by yeahitsphil View Post
                  Hi

Hopefully you will agree that we have no problem whatsoever on a personal basis and on the few times that we have spoken we have, I like to think, always maintained a good relationship
                  However...Cash flow advantage? Perhaps they could have mentioned the huge penalties and interest which will occur. Perhaps they have forgot to mention that Hamilton Rose are owned by John Brassey who is an Ex AML director who flogged the schemes in the first place. Perhaps they forget that the disclosure plan is devised by RVQC who as it happens messed up the JR and if that hadn't messed up then he wouldn't have been able to sell this plan to HR and make another quarter Mill and also....Im not selling a single 'solution' as its too late for that. My plan and has been for months and clients will agree, is that IM WORKING FOR FREE, with no ongoing payments, and when asked assisting APPG if they ever want advice. Reason I do that is because the only way to change the law which has already occurred (on 5 April 2019) is well.....to change the law via MPs in parliament.

Another point....HMRC don't have the last word in tax, that always belongs with the courts. So how will that pan out.....well that would be a tribunal which goes through the FTT, UTT and Supreme court. That will cost 1M quid to erm….well im guessing RVQC. who will pay for that? well that would be you. Im guessing HR forgot to mention this part as well. There literally is ZERO other way it could pan out. That's simply how it works.
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 May 2020, 19:30.

Comment

Originally posted by yeahitsphil View Post
                    Hi

I agree with Phil here. At best a cash flow advantage is being used to cover their position in my opinion hen HMRC come knocking. Looking at the HR website they are also charging 5% of loan value - is it more work for them if you have £50K of loans or £100K ....... 5% is also a huge dent in any "cash flow advantage" .
                    Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 May 2020, 19:32.

Comment

Working...
                    X