• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan Charge Self Assessment Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan Charge Self Assessment Query

Hi everyone

Can't find an answer to this, so thought I'd post this here.

Having submitting the outstanding loan amount through Self-Assessment, does anybody know - or has this happened to anybody - where HMRC have contacted either your umbrella company (although highly likely, I know) or their UK Front Company (if applicable) to verify the outstanding loan amount?

It seems unlikely, but just wondered..

Originally posted by Sean2020 View Post
    Hi everyone

Can't find an answer to this, so thought I'd post this here.

Having submitting the outstanding loan amount through Self-Assessment, does anybody know - or has this happened to anybody - where HMRC have contacted either your umbrella company (although highly likely, I know) or their UK Front Company (if applicable) to verify the outstanding loan amount?

It seems unlikely, but just wondered..
    I believe all the trusts that held the loans had a duty to report them to HMRC last year. I suspect most did ( mine did ), a few maybe didn't.

Comment

Working...
    X