• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, what's happening with BG/WTT?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what's happening with BG/WTT?

It's over a week since Saleos lobbed a spanner in the works.

I thought there might have been a PR statement or something by now.

I see the BG forum is still closed.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    It's over a week since Saleos lobbed a spanner in the works.

I thought there might have been a PR statement or something by now.

I see the BG forum is still closed.
    Id be grateful of the mods or admin allowing this post as I feel it is very important.

If you, dealornodeal, aren't a member of either group, why do you seem intent on wanting them to spill their guts on a forum HMRC is known to read just to satisfy your curiosity? You appear to enjoy encouraging people to disclose information that potentially harms their fight in the courts. I wonder why that is?

If you are a member of either group, dont you think you should stop looking for tittle tattle that you can regurgitate and send people into the depths of despair?

You really should butt out of this fight or at least learn no to dicuss this stuff on a forum HMRC reads.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
      Id be grateful of the mods or admin allowing this post as I feel it is very important.

If you, dealornodeal, aren't a member of either group, why do you seem intent on wanting them to spill their guts on a forum HMRC is known to read just to satisfy your curiosity? You appear to enjoy encouraging people to disclose information that potentially harms their fight in the courts. I wonder why that is?

If you are a member of either group, dont you think you should stop looking for tittle tattle that you can regurgitate and send people into the depths of despair?

You really should butt out of this fight or at least learn no to dicuss this stuff on a forum HMRC reads.
      Is there a fight? The question is related to what was put Publicly on Twitter, no guts need to be spilt and, if I am not mistaken, Twitter is also Public!
      There have been many questions around WTT/BG of late, regardless of whether the users are members or not, perhaps the questions people (from users themselves) have are not being answered. There is an awful lot of money passing hands and, it seems, not enough action. Have you thought about that before engaging a quite abrasive message to the OP? Furthermore, your choice of words surrounding sending to people into depths of despair?? Really?? We are already here and have been for some time! This has been hanging over us for years.....

Comment

Joined in May 2020. First post today. Hmm...

I'm taking an interest because I'm sick of scheme users being exploited by promoters, ambulance chasers, snake oil salesmen, and outright scam merchants.

Why here on CUK? Because webberg recruited most members of BG through these forums.

In the last few weeks he's signed up a hundred or so more people from here (for a £££ fee) to resist loan repayment demands. Many of his posts in those threads felt like scaremongering to me (to drum up business?)

If WTT are not being totally straight with people, then I will not keep quiet.
        Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 4 May 2020, 19:40.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I'm taking an interest because I'm sick of scheme users being exploited by promoters, ambulance chasers, snake oil salesmen, and outright scam merchants.

Why here on CUK? Because webberg recruited most members of BG through these forums.

In the last few weeks he's signed up a hundred or so more people from here (for a £££ fee) to resist loan repayment demands. Many of his posts in those threads felt like scaremongering to me (to drum up business?)

I agree. I almost joined BG but something didn't feel right. Maybe it was speaking to 3 different WTT people and getting 3 different answers. Maybe it was all the jawjaw, while what was needed was warwar. Maybe it was the joining fee which would be fine if there was previous victories to benefit from.

Anyway, IMO, they waited so long that there were always behind the action when there may been an opportunity to take the shot.

It is one facet where I have to acknowledge Matt Hall's efforts. He is taking real action in real courts.

Comment

Originally posted by CockneyRed View Post
            Is there a fight? The question is related to what was put Publicly on Twitter, no guts need to be spilt and, if I am not mistaken, Twitter is also Public!
            There have been many questions around WTT/BG of late, regardless of whether the users are members or not, perhaps the questions people (from users themselves) have are not being answered. There is an awful lot of money passing hands and, it seems, not enough action. Have you thought about that before engaging a quite abrasive message to the OP? Furthermore, your choice of words surrounding sending to people into depths of despair?? Really?? We are already here and have been for some time! This has been hanging over us for years.....
            You are mistaken. The main fight is with HMRC, it involves more than the parties involved in that unsavoury spat which descended into a points scoring exercise. HMRC must have been rubbing their hands together reading that and a couple of other threads on here in recent days. And one of the proponents is supposedly taking the same fight to HMRC? You could have fooled me.

There are tens if not hundreds of thousands involved in this 'fight.' Many of them are on the edge of despair after years of being worn down by the HMRC behemoth and then a couple of posters like deal or nodeal and one or two others, turn up and 'debate' the finer points of both the strategy to try and defeat HMRC and effectively tell people their fight has been blown out of the water.

It isnt down to deal or no deal or one or two others to tell people their argument against HMRC is fataly damaged.

I have my own thoughts on these groups strategy. If people have real concerns about the way their advisors are acting or way they are operating, there are proper channels to go through instead of washing dirty laundry here.

If you or any others have an issue with the strategy of the group you belong to, fine, take it up with them directly. HMRC read these forums. They have used info posted in these forums against the people who are fighting or rather trying to fight them.

You are missing the point. Look at the wider implications. BG \ WTT cannot discuss strategy here, that plays straight into HMRC's hands. If people think they are taking money for nothing, speak directly with them, dont let HMRC eavesdrop on the conversation. If you cannot see that, then you are not onboard with fighting the real enemy.

Comment

Hmmm, registered in 2009 and less than 900 posts.

So you see yourself as a scheme user's policeman. Strange you havent set up an organisation to aide the very people you have an interest in and instead appear to want to settle scores. Or may you did and dobbed in your 'clients' in the end?

Irrespective, what you are doing on here is destroying the hope of the very people you claim to be protecting by outing others. I dont suppose you really care if you drive people further and further into desparation so long as it suits your agenda.

All you andone or twoothers I could mention are doing is making it easier for HMRC to get complete capitulation from these people.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
                I agree. I almost joined BG but something didn't feel right. Maybe it was speaking to 3 different WTT people and getting 3 different answers. Maybe it was all the jawjaw, while what was needed was warwar. Maybe it was the joining fee which would be fine if there was previous victories to benefit from.

Anyway, IMO, they waited so long that there were always behind the action when there may been an opportunity to take the shot.

It is one facet where I have to acknowledge Matt Hall's efforts. He is taking real action in real courts.
                THIS!

Comment

(1) BG \ WTT cannot discuss strategy here, that plays straight into HMRC's hands. (2) If people think they are taking money for nothing, speak directly with them, dont let HMRC eavesdrop on the conversation.
                  (1) So, WTT have to keep it all a closely guarded secret until the day of the court hearing? Then they can ambush HMRC with the "secret weapon"?

(2) Yes right, and get fobbed off with hyperbole. webberg is a master at "BS baffles brains". It was only another advisor like Saleos who was able call him out and cut through the crap.
                  Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 5 May 2020, 05:52.

Comment

Oh, and BTW...

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
                    And so to the elephant in the room.

Whomever you, Rory, Keith, Anne, or I argue was the ”other potential PAYE source” (to use your own words) is absolutely irrelevant if HMRC has, as Judges Andrews and Gillett decided, an unfettered discretion to disengage the PAYE obligations on that party. The effect of that discretion is to render the employee liable and, say HMRC, to remove the PAYE credit.
                    If you think Saleos doesn't know his stuff, then go find out who he is in conference with.

Comment

Working...
                    X