• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough and working for another company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furlough and working for another company

Hi,

I have limited company and I recently lost the contract soon after buying a house. In difficult situation now. I have below questions:

1) Can I furlough myself from my company and get small job retention grant?
    2) While on furlough in my own limited company can I do another permenant job ?
    I would like to keep the company because I will start contracting again but currently everything is uncertain.

Thanks Please answer.

Originally posted by test31894 View Post
    Hi,

I have limited company and I recently lost the contract soon after buying a house. In difficult situation now. I have below questions:

1) Can I furlough myself from my company and get small job retention grant?
    2) While on furlough in my own limited company can I do another permenant job ?
    I would like to keep the company because I will start contracting again but currently everything is uncertain.

Thanks Please answer.
    1. If you meet the PAYE and date criteria, then yes. (and you can back date it too, to the date your gig stopped)
    2. Yes* - the Gov't has actively encouraged it in fact... fruit picking anyone? (so long as that other role in no way benefits the Ltd you are furloughed from/counts as work for the Ltd)

*However... In my case, I resigned (P45) from Ltd to take Umbrella new gig in March 2020. That fell through (thanks covid) and my accountant re-instated me, with no gap. Meanwhile, I got another gig via Agency PAYE. HMRC said "No" for my Ltd furlough on the basis I had another role and so, didn't need to be furloughed. All in all, not worth arguing the toss for £800 /month given I have another role. In your shoes, I would though!

Best of luck!

M

Comment

Working...
    X