Old Umbrella Company (Tailored) in Liquidation Old Umbrella Company (Tailored) in Liquidation - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Posts 111 to 120 of 131

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    I realise you've kindly posted the above because it may be helpful to others.

But you may want to delete it because the liquidators will probably also read it.
    "Liquidators" is probably a better term...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Nervous Newbie

Default HELP PLS - I too am caught up in this

Hi

I have also have received these letters and am in panic mode.

1. Has anyone resolved this into a positive outcome - i.e a non settlement outcome?
    2. Do they have any legal grounds to process this extortion?
    3. Their recommended legal advisors seem very convenient for them, I am looking into other independent legal advisors
    4. Could we not just send the letters back saying this person no longer lives here?
    5. Can VOSCAP (liquidators) get a court injunction to retrieve the money?

Many thanks in advance.

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini69 View Post
    Hi

1. Has anyone resolved this into a positive outcome - i.e a non settlement outcome?
    3. Their recommended legal advisors seem very convenient for them, I am looking into other independent legal advisors
    4. Could we not just send the letters back saying this person no longer lives here?

Many thanks in advance.

Just wondering if anybody has heard back from Voscap? I’ve not heard anything from them since the initial letter and my initial response.

bored now

Answers inline for the bits I can answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini69 View Post
    Hi

Don't know
    Quite possibly
    You could try WTT - I don't think anyone else has mentioned other firms on this thread but they recommended firm is probably not a good bet
    It won't work and just annoys everyone including courts - so don't do it.
    No but they could get a court judgment that the money is owed and then collect it.

Many thanks in advance.
    As I said earlier this thread all this looks far more dodgy to me than the Best Employment liquidation where HMRC is owed the money - I just don't see how a different "umbrella" company T2 outsourcing Ltd can be owed money.

The big issue is what HMRC will be asking for as I suspect that will swamp everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Answers inline for the bits I can answer

As I said earlier this thread all this looks far more dodgy to me than the Best Employment liquidation where HMRC is owed the money - I just don't see how a different "umbrella" company T2 outsourcing Ltd can be owed money.

The big issue is what HMRC will be asking for as I suspect that will swamp everything else.
    HMRC have just asked to settle tax affairs on the disguised remuneration through submitting amended tax return. However they still have a massive backlog. They’ve set a deadline of 31st December for themselves to go through all submitted tax returns.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    HMRC have just asked to settle tax affairs on the disguised remuneration through submitting amended tax return. However they still have a massive backlog. They’ve set a deadline of 31st December for themselves to go through all submitted tax returns.
    Sorry, I should have been more clear - I wasn't talking about the money HMRC are asking from you directly, I'm talking about the amount of money HMRC believe Tailored owe them which is listed by the liquidator as £1 as he doesn't know.

But I suspect it will be a lot more than £1 and Voscap have got a project which will be far harder than they thought it would be.
    Last edited by eek; 17th December 2020 at 12:20.

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Sorry, I should have been more clear - I wasn't talking about the money HMRC are asking from you directly, I'm talking about the amount of money HMRC believe Tailored owe them which is listed by the liquidator as £1 as he doesn't know.

But I suspect it will be a lot more than £1 and Voscap have got a project which will be far harder than they thought it would be.
    I see! Who knows. I know of people that didn’t respond to the initial letter and have now been sent another letter. It’s all a bit of a tulip show all ends.

I see! Who knows. I know of people that didn’t respond to the initial letter and have now been sent another letter. It’s all a bit of a tulip show all ends.
    Another email received from Tailored encouraging to use their recommended solicitors. Still no response from Voscap to initial reply. Reading between the lines...

Some things in Moderation

And if you aren’t sure how to find these threads, go to the bottom of this thread and tap on the ‘felicitas’ or ‘statutory demand’ tags.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    And if you aren’t sure how to find these threads, go to the bottom of this thread and tap on the ‘felicitas’ or ‘statutory demand’ tags.
    Why has Felicitas and Statutory Demands appeared as tags here? - neither are appropriate at the moment.

This is a different company / scheme (Tailored) with

1) a liquidator (voscap) appointed that has probably bitten off far more than they were expecting and who don't appear to be responding to calls and letters
    2) the umbrella firm (which should be in liquidation) seemingly trying to get people to use their lawyers.

As WTT has previously posted on here and we don't seem to have any other options I suspect a good starting point for anyone new here would be to talk WTT as I really wouldn't trust Tailored's recommended solicitors..
    Last edited by eek; 23rd December 2020 at 08:18.