• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old Umbrella Company (Tailored) in Liquidation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laith View Post
    I’ve been told by two separate liquidators that they are almost resigned to not being able to recover all of the money that is owed. It depends on the company and of course how much. Not to say they won’t go after the entire amount. 5% being offered seems like a dodgy agreement between whyatt and tailored in exchange for business. Voscap probably aren’t aware in the slightest. Maybe reporting it to voscap is a good idea?
    A liquidator will work on the basis that they can recover 100% from some creditors but
    0% from others with a few somewhere in the middle.

The last thing a sensible liquidator is going to do is to start by asking for 5%...
    Last edited by eek; 29 December 2020, 13:11.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Any updates?

Hi all

Has anyone heard of any further updates on this topic please?

Thank you

Comment

Nothing heard

Originally posted by DaRkLoRd View Post
        Hi all

Has anyone heard of any further updates on this topic please?

Thank you
        Nothing, seems to have all gone very quiet

Comment

Originally posted by Exion View Post
          Nothing, seems to have all gone very quiet
          Yes, extremely quite. I have engaged with WTT now as they seem to know what's what.

Comment

Hi, just seeing if there has been any development with the liquidators chasing the loan payments from Tailored. I received a letter on Monday from the liquidators for Tailored resourcing, advising they have been instructed by HMRC they have a legal duty to send me an AAG6 form. I made contact with HMRC over 2 years ago and declared all income and paid all tax due.

I expect somewhere down the line i will be receiving a demand from the liquidators for the loan payment received, but would be interested to hear if anyone have heard of any developments in the last 18 months? Has anyone settled with the liquidators, or anyone else in a similar position?

Comment

The Administrator report from 2021 makes interesting reading (top link at)

TAILORED UK SERVICES LIMITED filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Assets advanced to clients circa £25m
              repayments of sum owed circa £3k
              Debtors are disputing figures and the fact it's a loan....

And a 3rd party was appointed to attempt to recover the loan payments...

The 2022 report should be equally interesting

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
                Insolvency is ran by the Insolvency Service who are at The Insolvency Service - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

And both Mr Wolloff and Mr Tailby are on it.

Insolvency Practitioner Directory- Insolvency Practitioner Details (bis.gov.uk)
                Last edited by eek; 7 September 2022, 10:10.

Comment

My mistake, I’ll remove the post - thanks eek.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi, i see as of 24/01/23 within the filling history, Tailored have an Appointment of a voluntary liquidator. Anyone know what this means? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X