• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lawyer Monthly misconception

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawyer Monthly misconception

This is ridiculous and disgusting, the JR they are advertising literally only applies to those who paid loans back in full pre April 2019 and is in no way a fight against the LC itself, it helps @ 0.01 % of those affected by the LC.
    https://www.lawyer-monthly.com/2020/08/s...an-charge/

Originally posted by chrisalis View Post
    This is ridiculous and disgusting, the JR they are advertising literally only applies to those who paid loans back in full pre April 2019 and is in no way a fight against the LC itself, it helps @ 0.01 % of those affected by the LC.
    https://www.lawyer-monthly.com/2020/08/s...an-charge/
    Erm, I don't think this will be successful but any JR win helps everyone doesn't it?

If in the unlikely event the LC is found to be unlawful as a result of this JR it could be quashed.
    Last edited by GoneSurfing; 13 August 2020, 13:11.

Comment

If the loan charge fell over tomorrow, because of a JR or otherwise, it is - and always has been - little more than a "super APN".

If you have open enquiries, you still need to resolve them, regardless of LC or not.

One effect of the LC has been to distract many people into thinking that "solving" the LC will mean an end to the problems.

Many last sight of the overall picture.

I have no view on what the offer of a JR means nor whether it will work.

I do however urge you all to look past the LC.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        If the loan charge fell over tomorrow, because of a JR or otherwise, it is - and always has been - little more than a "super APN".

If you have open enquiries, you still need to resolve them, regardless of LC or not.

One effect of the LC has been to distract many people into thinking that "solving" the LC will mean an end to the problems.

A 'Super non-refundable APN' at that!!
        STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post

All true, but completely unrelated to the original posters claim that "the JR they are advertising literally only applies to those who paid loans back in full pre April 2019 and is in no way a fight against the LC itself, it helps @ 0.01 % of those affected by the LC."

People need a plan to deal with BOTH the LC and any open inquiries. Looking 'past' the LC is not much use to people who will be bankrupted by it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSurfing View Post
            All true, but completely unrelated to the original posters claim that "the JR they are advertising literally only applies to those who paid loans back in full pre April 2019 and is in no way a fight against the LC itself, it helps @ 0.01 % of those affected by the LC."

People need a plan to deal with BOTH the LC and any open inquiries. Looking 'past' the LC is not much use to people who will be bankrupted by it.
            There are a number of people who seem to think that nothing is valid unless it helps them. This JR is to help the people that are in this category and are prepared to fund it. Nothing more. So what the OP is complaining about is neither here nor there.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSurfing View Post

If you are still looking for a plan to deal with open enquiries and the LC, you are probably too late.

Unless you have something already rolling or ready to go before the end of September, other than potentially unlawful actions such as non disclosure, you are going to struggle.

You should call the various advisers here and see what they can offer. Accepting the fact that every adviser thinks all the other advisers' plans are unworkable (or worse), you need to find a means of judging them to see if one of them fits.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not aware of all the adviser groups or allegiances, but I will post what I know in a separate thread and perhaps those named can flesh out what they offer.
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
              X