Settlment offer from HMRC Settlment offer from HMRC - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 16 of 16

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
    Just doing some digging.

The scheme provider I was with at the time had 2 names/locations.
    1 was Ireland
    The other was a office based in UK.
    For the UK office the company is listed as “dissolved via compulsory strike-off” in 2018.

Last note on company house was:
    “On dissolution, all property and rights vested in, or held on trust for the company, immediately before dissolution are deemed to be bona vacantia and vest in the Crown”
    As with everything here get proper legal advice.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    As with everything here get proper legal advice.
    I second this... get legal advice
    Get tax advice
    and get clarification from HMRC

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by GregRickshaw View Post
    120 months
    there is no limit on the TTP. Obviosuly depends on your age. I am negotiating but will need to use what they describe as windfalls. Whole thing is painful but i agree with comments about keeping your MP who hopefully is sympathetic involved.

What I am finding amazing is the total lack of knowledge of the poeple you deal with at HMRC. They seem to make things up as they go along. I have had to correct them so many times. I then get wait let me speak to someone. A week later they confirm what you told them.

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by lowpaidworker View Post
    there is no limit on the TTP. Obviosuly depends on your age. I am negotiating but will need to use what they describe as windfalls. Whole thing is painful but i agree with comments about keeping your MP who hopefully is sympathetic involved.

What I am finding amazing is the total lack of knowledge of the poeple you deal with at HMRC. They seem to make things up as they go along. I have had to correct them so many times. I then get wait let me speak to someone. A week later they confirm what you told them.
    Hi can you explain what they refer as a windfall? Thanks

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by lowpaidworker View Post

It does depend on who you get on the other end of the phone, there is a degree of luck in that part, however if you plead your case and are honest with them, tell them all your circumstances they tend to come down on your side, even if it's somewhere in the middle.

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by Delendog View Post
    Hi can you explain what they refer as a windfall? Thanks
    Inheritance or pensions. So for me right now with two kids both in Junior school i dont have much disposable cash. However in 8 years I can draw a pension and lump sum and also may inherit whihc i can use.

Bascially as the main bread winner i cannot afford to pay the amount they want even with a 15 year TTP
    Last edited by lowpaidworker; 1st September 2020 at 16:59.