• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Settlment offer from HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlment offer from HMRC

Been asked to sign off my settlement agreement and get my letter back to them by the 2nd September 2020.

Is this the deadline? I thought it was 30th sept?

HMRC letters always mention a deadline which never is!!

HMRC settlement letter

Originally posted by Steve1 View Post
    Been asked to sign off my settlement agreement and get my letter back to them by the 2nd September 2020.

Got same letter from HMRC yesterday given until 6th September to return. Also interest added although previous settlement in Jun 2019 (yes its been going on that long!) had none. When questioned HMRC said was a mistake and they had referred my case to their case management team and they had reassessed my case and I was due the interest which you can NOT challenged so it has to be put on. They are also charging FORWARD interest so my bill has gone up ££££.

Time to pay moved from 54 months to 82 months though.

Comment

Got mine last week with a deadline of 29th August?

Got an elongated hugely TTP though.

Glad it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
        Got mine last week with a deadline of 29th August?

Got an elongated hugely TTP though.

Glad it's over.
        Do you mind sharing how long you have been given to pay?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidD View Post
          Do you mind sharing how long you have been given to pay?
          120 months

Comment

Thanks for that - much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidD View Post
              Thanks for that - much appreciated.
              No worries, I got the idea to get help from an MP from other posters and from CAB, who had sought their MPs help, worth a shot?
              Last edited by GregRickshaw; 31 August 2020, 07:21.

Comment

120 months
                Did you request this?
                I have been offered 60 months. Over this period I thought HMRC requested more info on current earnings etc?

I have late payment interest and forward interest added to mine.

And another thing,
                What has any one done about this statement which is on the same letter.

‘You may want to take steps for the loans to be released within the 30 days of agreeing settlement with us. If you do, no further tax will be payable on those loans."

Comment

Did you request this?
                  I have been offered 60 months. Over this period I thought HMRC requested more info on current earnings etc?

I have late payment interest and forward interest added to mine.

And another thing,
                  What has any one done about this statement which is on the same letter.

‘You may want to take steps for the loans to be released within the 30 days of agreeing settlement with us. If you do, no further tax will be payable on those loans."
                  Was a lot of horse trading went on, and yes you have to bare your soul but very happy with the outcome.

The paragraph you quoted I suggest you talk to your tax lawyers/advisers about it.

Comment

Was a lot of horse trading went on, and yes you have to bare your soul but very happy with the outcome.

The paragraph you quoted I suggest you talk to your tax lawyers/advisers about it.
                    Just doing some digging.

The scheme provider I was with at the time had 2 names/locations.
                    1 was Ireland
                    The other was a office based in UK.
                    For the UK office the company is listed as “dissolved via compulsory strike-off” in 2018.

Last note on company house was:
                    “On dissolution, all property and rights vested in, or held on trust for the company, immediately before dissolution are deemed to be bona vacantia and vest in the Crown”

Comment

Working...
                    X