• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Settlement -vs- loan charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Tom Wallace, head of tax at WTT Consulting, which represents 2,000 of those affected by the crackdown..."

2,000 * £15/month = £30k/month = £360k/year

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      "Tom Wallace, head of tax at WTT Consulting, which represents 2,000 of those affected by the crackdown..."

2,000 * £15/month = £30k/month = £360k/year

On one level that's a lot of money, in the world of tax avoidance schemes it's an absolute pittance.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        On one level that's a lot of money, in the world of tax avoidance schemes it's an absolute pittance.
        Maybe but I bet WTT couldn't continue as a going concern without it.

Which does create a bit of a conflict of interest.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Maybe but I bet WTT couldn't continue as a going concern without it.

Which does create a bit of a conflict of interest.
          And presumably you consider the world would be a better place if we folded?

Be interesting to know what you would propose instead?
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            And presumably you consider the world would be a better place if we folded?

Be interesting to know what you would propose instead?
            Absolutely not. For most of your clients, there's probably no alternative.

It's just unfortunate that the company's interests aren't totally aligned with those of the clients. (I imagine most clients would prefer as quick a result as possible.)
            Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 19 September 2020, 11:11.

Comment

Working...
            X