• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Settlement figure expense question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement figure expense question

Hi,
    I have read few posts mentioning 10% reduction of settlement figure based on expenses.
    Is the 10% based on loan amount each year you were in the scheme or is it 10% reduction in the settlement tax figure?
    Say.. disguised renumeration scheme was used for 3 years totalling to gross amounts A , B and C. The settlement figure is amount X.
    Is the reduction calculated after reducing amount A , B and C by 10% and calculating the tax due on revised amounts ?
    Or
    Is the 10% reduction of X?

I understand HMRC may not be applying this to everyone but just want to understand the calculation done.
    Thanks,
    Akira.

Originally posted by akiras View Post
    Hi,
    I have read few posts mentioning 10% reduction of settlement figure based on expenses.
    Is the 10% based on loan amount each year you were in the scheme or is it 10% reduction in the settlement tax figure?
    Say.. disguised renumeration scheme was used for 3 years totalling to gross amounts A , B and C. The settlement figure is amount X.
    Is the reduction calculated after reducing amount A , B and C by 10% and calculating the tax due on revised amounts ?
    Or
    Is the 10% reduction of X?

I understand HMRC may not be applying this to everyone but just want to understand the calculation done.
    Thanks,
    Akira.
    It is applied to the loan values in each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Delendog View Post
      It is applied to the loan values in each year.
      Which is wrong

if you have 10% expenses it not just the loan value that should be taken into account, it's the loan value + salary.
      Tell HMRC that expenses aren't just conveniently linked to the value of the loan - it's your entire income for the year

It's despicable that they are only applying this to people who ask

Comment

Originally posted by demby View Post
        Which is wrong

if you have 10% expenses it not just the loan value that should be taken into account, it's the loan value + salary.
        Tell HMRC that expenses aren't just conveniently linked to the value of the loan - it's your entire income for the year

It's despicable that they are only applying this to people who ask
        If only this was the only thing that "was wrong".

Comment

Working...
        X