• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Felicitas recalling loans - going on the offensive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felicitas recalling loans - going on the offensive

I've been viewing the forums on this for a while now and joined-up today.

I am now getting help from etc tax and they sent me an email on Friday about going on the offensive against Felicitas and the trustees with a barrister they are teaming up with. Looks like we need the numbers to keep the costs down, so putting this out there.

corvy

Originally posted by corvetto View Post
    I've been viewing the forums on this for a while now and joined-up today.

I am now getting help from etc tax and they sent me an email on Friday about going on the offensive against Felicitas and the trustees with a barrister they are teaming up with. Looks like we need the numbers to keep the costs down, so putting this out there.

corvy
    Would be good if ETC and WTT could team up for the offensive, keep costs even further down.

Comment

We do speak with ETC regularly and we will pick this up with them but it will not be until late next week or the week after.

There are perhaps two key issues here.

The first is strategy. We have a view as to where the parties are and what a "good" outcome would be. I'm sure that ETC do as well. Hopefully we will see some synergy there.

The second is cost. We have tried to go with the "high client numbers, low per capita cost" model and to date we are comfortable with that. If ETC are planning a proactive strategy, it may be that that proves too expensive for our clients.

We'll have a chat and see where we get to.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Is "going on the offensive" against Felicitas a good idea?

I don't know but just asking.

I'm still of the view that their threat of taking people to court, to recover the "debt", may be nothing more than a scare tactic.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I don't even think its that much DOND. This is IMHO a speculative punt done on an "if you don't ask, you don't get basis" not unlike the Montpelier repayment requests and we saw what happened there.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            We do speak with ETC regularly and we will pick this up with them but it will not be until late next week or the week after.

There are perhaps two key issues here.

The first is strategy. We have a view as to where the parties are and what a "good" outcome would be. I'm sure that ETC do as well. Hopefully we will see some synergy there.

The second is cost. We have tried to go with the "high client numbers, low per capita cost" model and to date we are comfortable with that. If ETC are planning a proactive strategy, it may be that that proves too expensive for our clients.

We'll have a chat and see where we get to.
            Thank you really appreciate this.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
              I don't even think its that much DOND. This is IMHO a speculative punt done on an "if you don't ask, you don't get basis" not unlike the Montpelier repayment requests and we saw what happened there.
              What happened there?

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Is "going on the offensive" against Felicitas a good idea?

I don't know but just asking.

I'm still of the view that their threat of taking people to court, to recover the "debt", may be nothing more than a scare tactic.
                The strategy seems to be to make taking us to court dangerous and expensive and more trouble than its worth for Felicitas and even going at the trustees of the trusts as well or the people that acted as trustees as they are still around or some of them anyway.

Comment

Smite them.

What they're asking for from me isn't even that much compared to others but I'll still pay towards their demise. Vultures.

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                    What happened there?
                    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...demands-2.html

See posts #19 and #20

Comment

Working...
                    X