• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Completing SATR by 30th Sept

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completing SATR by 30th Sept

I've been waiting until now to complete my 2018/19 tax return to declare my outstanding DR loan amounts (hoping there would be another extension to do it).

I've not had to complete a tax return for a number of years so logged on to the portal and found there is no option for me to complete a 2018/19 tax return, only for 2019/20.

Within the return for 2019/20 there is the option to declare the DR loan amounts, does anyone know if it is OK to complete it for this tax year, or does it have to be explicitly for the 2018/19 tax year, if it is I'll need to contact HMRC?

Thank you.

Originally posted by sa272 View Post
    I've been waiting until now to complete my 2018/19 tax return to declare my outstanding DR loan amounts (hoping there would be another extension to do it).

I've not had to complete a tax return for a number of years so logged on to the portal and found there is no option for me to complete a 2018/19 tax return, only for 2019/20.

Within the return for 2019/20 there is the option to declare the DR loan amounts, does anyone know if it is OK to complete it for this tax year, or does it have to be explicitly for the 2018/19 tax year, if it is I'll need to contact HMRC?

Thank you.
    Hello - did you figure this out? It has to be the 2018/19 in any scenario. If you are splitting over 3 years (eg have opted to do this on loan charge form) you will eventually have to do all, but just the 18/19 for now. If there’s no option on the gateway it may be because you used an accountant to submit initially? If this is the case you could ask them to do it. I’ve also heard that if they make an amendment you are able to then access. Otherwise you could either contact hmrc or worst case do a paper submission and post it registered.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
    X