• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil Manley MIA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
    Website is still up, they did promise a refund unless the process was initiated...
    In writing against a deed of trust attached to the organisers personal assets?

If not that promise was worth the paper it was written on and I expect the money is gone.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've been on many of Phils webinars and calls. I don't think he was a scam at all, he seemed to try very hard for his clients. I think something bad must have happened but who knows. If that is the case I wish him well. As for LCL, fingers still crossed there until I hear otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by esemi View Post
        I've been on many of Phils webinars and calls. I don't think he was a scam at all, he seemed to try very hard for his clients. I think something bad must have happened but who knows. If that is the case I wish him well. As for LCL, fingers still crossed there until I hear otherwise.
        I will just post this from https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2813260 (I've quoted the lot but only the last line is relevant here).

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        What he said.

Pretty much everything you have quoted is nonsense and will not offer any modicum of protection or allow you to make a valid argument.

One of the frustrations in this whole exercise is what people try to cling on to the very promoters who dropped them into the mess they're in. Never understood that.
        I'm sorry and you won't want to hear this but Philip was just another scheme promoter selling people new schemes to "fix" the problems caused by their previous schemes. Given the recently passed deadline (and the fact all his schemes were designed around people avoiding paying those charges which were designed to be and are regarded by HMRC as inescapable) I'm not surprised he has made his excuses and disappeared into the wilderness.

The interesting and concerning question for the people who do post on here is when will all of Philip's customers receive the "please pay your estimated (and very large) loan charge bill" letter from HMRC
        Last edited by eek; 1 October 2020, 07:10.

Comment

Originally posted by esemi View Post
          He’s literally done one at the worst possible moment for his clients. Preaching hope and saying he’s got it all under control.

Let’s see what happens to loan charge legal, I know where my money is.

He’s nothing but a slippery con man.

Comment

I guess we will never really know. I'm glad I haven't put too much trust into anyone else and have managed to get my case sorted by myself. I do feel for others that might not be so lucky.

Comment

As in I have been working directly with a case worker at HMRC who has been very responsive over email. Settlement agreed. Closure notices not yet sent so yes I guess its not quite sorted yet. Again, fingers crossed.

Comment

I've been quoted above and would like to clarify the comments for those who have not read that other thread.

The other thread was a discussion about some communication from a scheme promoter to an individual who was apparently still inclined to believe what he/she was being told. After explaining for the second or third time that the motivation of the promoter is to acquire and keep customers and that truth and accuracy is often a casualty when balanced against that, I questioned why individuals still choose to believe such people.

The thread - and therefore the comment - was being discussed before the news that has taken over this thread, broke and Phil was not mentioned in it.

The news from yesterday was as much novel to us as everybody else.

If what we hear is true, then I hope Phil seeks whatever medical help he needs and stays safe.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Is there any news on what HRMC did to 'throw him under the bus'?
                  I'm guessing but did they stop cooperating with him thus leaving him unable to help his clients in time for the deadline?

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                    The news from yesterday was as much novel to us as everybody else.

If what we hear is true, then I hope Phil seeks whatever medical help he needs and stays safe.
                    PM Tax Consulting was indeed dissolved however it appears totally unconnected to Phil - PM TAX CONSULTING LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Unless I am missing something.

Phil is PM Tax Resolution LLP PM TAX RESOLUTION LLP - Overview (free company information from Companies House) which is still live.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                      PM Tax consulting was indeed dissolved however it appears totally unconnected to Phil PM TAX CONSULTING LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Unless I am missing something.

Phil is PM Tax Resolution LLP PM TAX RESOLUTION LLP - Overview (free company information from Companies House) which is still live.
                      +1 - does no one even check the names of the listing PM Tax Consulting Ltd belonged to a <different person>

More importantly
                      PM Tax Resolution LLP PM TAX RESOLUTION LLP - Overview (free company information from Companies House) links to
                      PMTC LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

which has it's confirmation statement overdue since June...
                      Last edited by eek; 1 October 2020, 11:02.

Comment

Working...
                      X