• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil Manley MIA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the mods not get this thread back on track rather than let it continue to develop into an arse kicking contest on Phil Manley?

I know the guy has done some sterling work for people getting longer TTPs before HMRC were not as accommodating.

He might have some personal issues after dealing with HMRC on behalf of people desparate in their own plight. Ive seen it affect people helping others already at their wits end with HMRC and they crack under the strain. It takes it's toll.

Mod: Done!
    Last edited by cojak; 2 October 2020, 12:45. Reason: Done!

Comment

HMRC not received my letter of offer to settle

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
      Can the mods not get this thread back on track rather than let it continue to develop into an arse kicking contest on Phil Manley?

I know the guy has done some sterling work for people getting longer TTPs before HMRC were not as accommodating.

He might have some personal issues after dealing with HMRC on behalf of people desparate in their own plight. Ive seen it affect people helping others already at their wits end with HMRC and they crack under the strain. It takes it's toll.
      I see this chap has a cunning plan

twitter.com/ahackin

IF YOU WERE IN THE PROCESS OF SETTTLEMENT WITH PMTAX THEN PLEASE PM ME AS WE ARE TRYING TO FORMULATE A PLAN TOGETHER THROUGH ANOTHER ADVISOR @LCAG_2019 @loanchargeAPPG @pmanleytax

I see WTT follow him also, perhaps webberg can advice if just another Phil part 2

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
        PM Tax consulting was indeed dissolved however it appears totally unconnected to Phil PM TAX CONSULTING LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Unless I am missing something.

Phil is PM Tax Resolution LLP PM TAX RESOLUTION LLP - Overview (free company information from Companies House) which is still live.
        1) The line to PM Tax Resolution LLP was shared back in post #16.

2) Do you think it's a coincidence that the director of PM Tax Consulting, <mod snip: not Phil Manley> is also usually resident in Portugal and that the company was dissolved the day before the Loan Charge deadline?

Mod Note: Phil Manley's PMTC LTD (Company number 12007123) and PM Tax Consulting Limited (Company number 11372173) are two separate unconnected companies.

He just wrote that name on his invoices because of sloppy admin.
        Last edited by cojak; 2 October 2020, 07:13. Reason: mod note added

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          I see this chap has a cunning plan

twitter.com/ahackin

IF YOU WERE IN THE PROCESS OF SETTTLEMENT WITH PMTAX THEN PLEASE PM ME AS WE ARE TRYING TO FORMULATE A PLAN TOGETHER THROUGH ANOTHER ADVISOR @LCAG_2019 @loanchargeAPPG @pmanleytax

I see WTT follow him also, perhaps webberg can advice if just another Phil part 2

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          We have certainly been contacted by some individuals who were being advised by Phil. I'm guessing that the twitter post is from such an individual.

We have listened to their stories and where they think they are in terms of settlement, loan charge, etc.

We have spoken with HMRC to see what they might be doing.

We have no plans at this time to offer the twitter poster or any other individual previously advised by Phil anything other than a sympathetic ear and an explanation of what might happen next.

If certain elements come together then perhaps we (and other advisers) will be able to offer more - but those elements are outside our control or influence.

If we are able to help in due course, we will let you know.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by LOL17 View Post

2) Do you think it's a coincidence that the director of PM Tax Consulting, <Mod note: not Phil Manley> is also usually resident in Portugal and that the company was dissolved the day before the Loan Charge deadline?
            Yes because the request to strike off was made back in March...

Mod Note: Phil Manley's PMTC LTD (Company number 12007123) and PM Tax Consulting Limited (Company number 11372173) are two separate unconnected companies.

Last edited by cojak; 2 October 2020, 07:13. Reason: Mod note added.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

2) Do you think it's a coincidence that the director of PM Tax Consulting, <not Phil Manley> i is also usually resident in Portugal and that the company was dissolved the day before the Loan Charge deadline?
              I think somebody identified the wrong company and jumped to a conclusion. Naturally if <not Phil Manley> had a demonstrable link to Phil Manley I would of course rethink.

Mod Note: So would I, but in the meantime - Phil Manley's PMTC LTD (Company number 12007123) and PM Tax Consulting Limited (Company number 11372173) are two separate unconnected companies.

Last edited by cojak; 2 October 2020, 07:16. Reason: Added Mod Note

Comment

2) Do you think it's a coincidence that the director of PM Tax Consulting, <not Phil Manley> is also usually resident in Portugal and that the company was dissolved the day before the Loan Charge deadline?
                Any evidence for 2 as all evidence to me points at her being a real person who works in corporation tax who lives in London and was freelance before taking permanent work last year.
                Last edited by cojak; 2 October 2020, 07:17. Reason: Added mod note
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                  I think somebody identified the wrong company and jumped to a conclusion. Naturally if <not Phil Manley> had a demonstrable link to Phil Manley I would of course rethink.
                  It’s not much of a jump when Phil states that as his company name on communications to his clients.

Last edited by cojak; 2 October 2020, 07:19. Reason: Added mod note.

Comment

Why do people automatically jump to the worst possible conclusion? Then inflict this conclusion upon others, when it is clearly neither beneficial nor kind. I spoke with Phil last year for an hour on the phone. As I already had a pretty good understanding of my case, in the end he said there was very little additional service he could offer me, and effectively declined to take me on as a paying client. Hardly the actions of a money grabber.

Might I offer another possibility? Which seems more plausible from the evidence that i have seen. That he was taking on a huge case load and a lot of bona vacantia work. And that he felt a huge wave of empathy due to the dire situation that people were faced with this week. Which perhaps led to a breakdown.

I can handle my situation. But I have to say I felt very overwhelmed this week with concern that others were being pushed too far, and that when faced with bankruptcy people may take their own lives. It's a very haunting feeling going to bed wondering if that person on social media is OK, or whether if you reach out to them now you might save their life.

Comment

Originally posted by roderick View Post
                      Why do people automatically jump to the worst possible conclusion?
                      Hmmm, I'm not sure but...

1st post on profile - tick
                      Account created years ago but never posted from previously - tick
                      Hugely positive sentiment towards someone that others are mistrusting of - tick

As has been said previously, be wary of who you trust and always do your own thinking (with the help of your trusted professional advisors)

Comment

Working...
                      X