• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mike Kerridge AWOL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Kerridge AWOL

Well it looks like Kerridge has gone AWOL, after god knows how may years of broken promises and huge bills - he's not answering his phone/email and his company is no longer at the registered address.

I've not heard from him in over 6 months and nearly ended up with a late filing penalty on my 2019 return as he didn't even bother to contact me to get it filed before the end of September - despite knowing that I had followed his advice in January.

Has anyone had any luck tracking him down and getting an update.

He was the charlatan that worked with Martin Priest in Guernsey to facilitate some real dodgy schemes. I can't believe you (or anyone) actually thought he would be able to help you. I heard he was asking for upfront fees of £10k to just "help" people settle with HMRC!

It's unlikely you'll hear from him now. Your best chance is to get a few people together and sue him for malpractice, if at all possible.

Comment

Another ambulance chaser? He has a lot of history with many companies on google, it seems.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

They are all ambulance chaser in the end, but at least Kerridge only chased those arrangements that he advised on - so far as I'm aware.

@Chimpmaster - It certainly wasn't £10k joining fee for me, however after 7 years of paying for his services I've probably shelled out about that much. Still less than my tax bill, and probably about the same as any other firm (provided the work has been done). He never had the same numbers as big group so the costs were always going to be more.

From what I have been able to understand, Kerridge advised Priest who facilitated companies for Mark Turner - Turners dirty little paws are on companies selling schemes to this date, which is unbelievable.

It made scene at the time to use the man who advised on the schemes to put up a defense. It still does now, all I want to know is has anyone spoken to him or know where he is? in the past his company has kept us up to date or has at least responded to emails/calls. Now we have heard nothing since March - not even a reminder to submit out delayed 2019 returns, or any assistance with disclosures.

Comment

Originally posted by Concernedlc View Post

@Chimpmaster - It certainly wasn't £10k joining fee for me, however after 7 years of paying for his services I've probably shelled out about that much. Still less than my tax bill, and probably about the same as any other firm (provided the work has been done). .
          I will say that if the above fee value is correct I seriously doubt that any of our clients, even those who joined on Day 1, have paid even half of that in fees.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I would hope not - Big Group have got a huge number of participants. I doubt that you have managed to get sufficient fees tho, for the work you have done.

Comment

Hopefully this thread remains. When his named has been mentioned in the past the thread has been closed. I think it is good to keep it open to at least make people stop and think.

Comment

Mr Kerridge I presume

Anyone still looking for MJK might be interested to know he's just pinged me a connection request on LinkedIn so that might be a good place to look for him.

Comment

Very interesting story as to why Mike and James split..

Comment

Ooh! Do tell ... or link ..

Comment

Working...
                    X