• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FS Capital / PEAK - info

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS Capital / PEAK - info

Hello, new member and first post here.
    I’ve been reading through some other posts and I can see there is quite a lot of topics relating to loancharge etc so thought some might be able to give some advice / opinions.

I was involved with K2 / Hyrax etc from circa 2011 - 2016. As a result my loans have been claimed to be due to FS Capital (I’m assuming this issue is known on here so I don’t need to explain).
    As I was on the PEAK distribution list at the time, I joined their association against FS Capital.
    I paid the initial £200 fee and latterly paid a second amount (value directly link to value of loans)

I have now come to a settlement with HMRC and the only uncertainty left is the FS capital situation.

Can anyone give an update on this? Obviously I’m very concerned that FS Capital are doing this and no idea how this is all going to pan out but I’m also unsure as to the motives behind PEAKs involvement.
    I joined the association due to a sense of panic and the emails from PEAK really gave the impression that we either join or we’re on our own. Since making the second (considerable) payment I haven’t heard anything else from them. I’d like to trust that they are acting in my best interest but I just don’t know.
    Would really appreciate any views / opinions on the matter.

Thanks.

You've paid for help, but you're asking here?

I suggest you ask the people you've paid.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      You've paid for help, but you're asking here?

I suggest you ask the people you've paid.
      Hi thanks for your reply.
      My post isn’t so much asking for an update on PEAKs own progress, I have been in contact with Peak and I have asked for updates etc. But more in relation to FS capital situation as a whole (if anyone would happen to know) and also with regards to whether or not they (PEAK) would be acting in my best interest with regards to the association, this is a question / appeal for opinion, I thought would be better sought from an independent perspective. I.e. is the situation with FS Capital that bad that individuals really should be paying to be in such an association or if this is perhaps seen as more of a money making venture by PEAK.

My query is genuine and as an individual, completely lost in amongst the quagmire of all things Loancharge related, am just seeking opinion of those who may or may not be in the know.

Thank you.

Comment

You've paid to be part of whatever action Peak are involved in with FS but only now are you looking for some views on whether that was sensible?

I'm unlikely to be seen as objective in this issue but I would suggest that you discuss your concerns with Peak before seeking views from anonymous posters?
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          You've paid to be part of whatever action Peak are involved in with FS but only now are you looking for some views on whether that was sensible?

I'm unlikely to be seen as objective in this issue but I would suggest that you discuss your concerns with Peak before seeking views from anonymous posters?
          Correct. It’s a ridiculous situation I find myself in. TBH up until I reached a settlement agreement, my sole focus was on HMRC. The FS capital situation was always floating about but I just jumped in with Peak as I had no other options at the time (other than bury my head in the sand) only now I’m managing to put some focus on the FS capital situation and trying to take stock of where I am.

Im normally a fairly rational person and wouldn’t jump into such a thing without doing the research first but just an example of what strain I’ve been under. Sure I’m not alone with that.

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Payingforpeace View Post
            Correct. It’s a ridiculous situation I find myself in. TBH up until I reached a settlement agreement, my sole focus was on HMRC. The FS capital situation was always floating about but I just jumped in with Peak as I had no other options at the time (other than bury my head in the sand) only now I’m managing to put some focus on the FS capital situation and trying to take stock of where I am.

Im normally a fairly rational person and wouldn’t jump into such a thing without doing the research first but just an example of what strain I’ve been under. Sure I’m not alone with that.

Thanks for your advice.
            FWIW - I was with K2/Hyrax et al. I have settled with HMRC, I will never pay FS capital a single penny (under any circumstance), I know another 4 in exactly the same boat - none of us ever acknowledged FS Capital none of us will pay. Stay strong - it's a scam that could never survive court. For me, personally, Peak is a good money after bad. Peak are intertwined with the schemes that have 'sold' the loans and imho are not to be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidD View Post

FWIW - I was with K2/Hyrax et al. I have settled with HMRC, I will never pay FS capital a single penny (under any circumstance), I know another 4 in exactly the same boat - none of us ever acknowledged FS Capital none of us will pay. Stay strong - it's a scam that could never survive court. For me, personally, Peak is a good money after bad. Peak are intertwined with the schemes that have 'sold' the loans and imho are not to be trusted.

DavidD,
              Has there been any further correspondance from FS Capital to you on this issue? everything FS capital related on the forums / twitter seems to have gone very quiet in recent months.
              I know they are still there as the PEAK Association is still active.

Would appreciate thoughts / words from anyone else affected by FS Capital.

Comment

Hi,

I have had a further two letters from FS Capital. The letters are clearly trying to ratchet up the pressure - they both mention the future case with Peak - as you know I'm suspicious that Peak and FS are in some sort of deal to squeeze out as much money as possible - just my suspicions but, experience has shown me, it's certainly not outlandish).

I understand that the 'boss' of FS Capital is fighting to pay HMRC several millions for his own failed scheme so you can see why he his trying to squeeze for every single penny (I understand he may also be facing a criminal case - so here hoping he is jailed before he can extort anyone else...)

I have paid nothing and will continue with that stance. I personally don't know anyone who has paid a penny though I'm told that some people have paid some money for a quite life.

Stay strong.

Comment

Hi All, I also find myself in this ridiculous scenario with FS Capital chasing me for the loan amount.

I think I have had 3 letters now and the last ‘shakedown’ letter is saying they will now be seeking 100% of the loan.

what is the current situation with Fs capital and there supposed case? Are people just ignoring there threats for money?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X