• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Refund or waiver from the Disguised Remuneration Repayment Scheme 2020

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refund or waiver from the Disguised Remuneration Repayment Scheme 2020

Has anyone had a refund from the HMRC as yet?

HMRC say: If you’re eligible for a refund or waiver, we’ll write to you as soon as we can inviting you to apply. We’ll provide you with an application form and the details of how to apply. Attached is an example application form (PDF, 246KB, 1 page) for information.

If you’ve not heard from us by 1 October 2020 and you think you’re eligible for a refund or waiver, contact us by phone on: 03000 534 226 or email at: [email protected].

As 1st October has now passed, I called them today on the above number and spoke with a very young lady that had no idea about the refunds. Her response was that we should disregard the 1st October date, HMRC are behind and have not got in touch with all people that are impacted. She gave no specific deadline and had no idea as to when we may hear by.

Apply for a refund or waiver from the Disguised Remuneration Repayment Scheme 2020 - GOV.UK

My letter arrived last Friday, you have to return it to start the repayment application process.
    I had called HMRC a number of times, where they did not seem to know what I was talking about, when quoting the 1st October 2020 line.
    I was also told to specifically ask for "conter avoidance" when calling as they would know more about the process.
    Hopefully I will hear back soon as to when repayment will occur.

Comment

Originally posted by bosleyrog View Post
      My letter arrived last Friday, you have to return it to start the repayment application process.
      I had called HMRC a number of times, where they did not seem to know what I was talking about, when quoting the 1st October 2020 line.
      I was also told to specifically ask for "conter avoidance" when calling as they would know more about the process.
      Hopefully I will hear back soon as to when repayment will occur.
      Hi - I was part of an EBT pre December 10. I settled with HMRC in 2015, will i get a rebate does anyone know ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayr4ofen View Post
        Hi - I was part of an EBT pre December 10. I settled with HMRC in 2015, will i get a rebate does anyone know ?
        You could always try reading this?

Apply for a refund or waiver from the Disguised Remuneration Repayment Scheme 2020 - GOV.UK
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

ok thanks for the response

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            If the payment was made due to an APN being issued (believe the poster mentioned on another thread the Scheme was Edge) I dont think that qualifies for a repayment.... correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
              If the payment was made due to an APN being issued (believe the poster mentioned on another thread the Scheme was Edge) I dont think that qualifies for a repayment.... correct ?

Hi yes it was Edge - they did issue an APN after i agreed to pay so the APN was retracted

Comment

Originally posted by Mayr4ofen View Post
                Hi yes it was Edge - they did issue an APN after i agreed to pay so the APN was retracted
                Believe I met the criteria based on disclosure of dr in company accounts, had 9a open enquires to a scheme which I finally settled April 19. If I did request refund I assume if I was entitled to refund I would just have new enquires then reopened for this and be back to square one? Albeit a little bit richer but for how long.....

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
                  Believe I met the criteria based on disclosure of dr in company accounts, had 9a open enquires to a scheme which I finally settled April 19. If I did request refund I assume if I was entitled to refund I would just have new enquires then reopened for this and be back to square one? Albeit a little bit richer but for how long.....
                  I'm sorry but the above is misleading.

By "met the disclosure" I assume you mean that you consider you have disclosed the use, value, name, lender, borrower, of the scheme you used between December 2010 and April 2016 and as such have an argument that these years should be regarded as outside loan charge.

HMRC has indicated to use that "disclosure" via notes in company accounts does not meet the statutory test. We can (and may) challenge that, but for now any such claim will be met with denial by HMRC.

You then say that you may have "new enquiries then reopened". I'm not sure what that means but a new enquiry can be made ONLY within statutory time limits.

An old enquiry that has been closed via agreement, settlement or following Tribunal action, cannot be reopened.

I absolutely understand that the point of your post was to claim that HMRC cannot be trusted in this space. That may be so but the reasons you advance are not correct.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                  X