• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can I check if I have a Protected year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I check if I have a Protected year?

I am unclear whether I have any HMRC "Protected" years. I don't recall having received any letters indicating a year is under assessment or Protected.
    I'm unclear on how to confirm. I checked my previous self assessment years online via the government gateway, self assessment. All my listed years for the last ~20 years didn't seem to indicate a year is Protected. -no online messages or notifications suggesting an issue.

Is this the best way to check if I have a protected year? If not how can I better confirm whether I have any Protected years please?

I'm not sure there is any way to check this online.

You could write to HMRC (submit a subject access request) and ask them to provide copies of any S9A enquiry and S29 Assessment notices that they've issued to you.

Tread carefully though if you have scheme years which are still within the time limits for them to protect.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      I'm not sure there is any way to check this online.

You could write to HMRC (submit a subject access request) and ask them to provide copies of any S9A enquiry and S29 Assessment notices that they've issued to you.

Tread carefully though if you have scheme years which are still within the time limits for them to protect.
      and make sure you ask the right question. I asked for a SAR and they sent me half the info omitting various communications and stating they did not have to provide it

Comment

Working...
      X