• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    You think people will still ignore it because it is Felicitas?

So can I be clear

This is a Statutory Demand, unless you complete the correct paperwork to dispute it in the appropriate time frame the money becomes owed with bankruptcy a serious possibility even if you say you are appealing it. If you don't dispute it now you will have to pay Felicitas and then when you win the case try to reclaim the money from them.

Don't end up in that situation, don't ignore it and dispute it ASAP.
    I have had nothing from them at all by letter or email - but was with Garraway and IQ - reading all this is worrying. Will they be issuing these to all users or just people they have confirmed addresses for - I don’t and haven’t for many years lived at an address they would have on file for me. If I haven’t had it, how can I dispute it? Can it be taken further if I haven’t lived at that address for years/not received anything ? (Which of course I can prove I haven’t)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by becchio10 View Post
      I have had nothing from them at all by letter or email - but was with Garraway and IQ - reading all this is worrying. Will they be issuing these to all users or just people they have confirmed addresses for - I don’t and haven’t for many years lived at an address they would have on file for me. If I haven’t had it, how can I dispute it? Can it be taken further if I haven’t lived at that address for years/not received anything ? (Which of course I can prove I haven’t)

Thanks
      This is the best I can find about serving a demand.

How To Serve A Statutory Demand To Recover A Debt

As it's not clear what the impact of sending to an old address is - I would seek legal advice (in preparation for the demand arriving if it did)
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Come on

You think people will still ignore it because it is Felicitas?

So can I be clear

This is a Statutory Demand, unless you complete the correct paperwork to dispute it in the appropriate time frame the money becomes owed with bankruptcy a serious possibility even if you say you are appealing it. If you don't dispute it now you will have to pay Felicitas and then when you win the case try to reclaim the money from them.

Don't end up in that situation, don't ignore it, and dispute it ASAP.
        Eek firstly thanks for your posts, I do listen to what you're saying however this is your 5th post in a few pages on hear telling people that you've received an SD make sure you fill out the correct paperwork and get a lawyer to do it for you (Message Received).

You now mention bankruptcy - a scary thought!

But, at best these are questionable unsecured loans, which Felicitas has never proved that they own the debt and acquired it legally, they have also shown that they are quite happy to stick someone's new address onto paperwork from the past.

I don't doubt for a minute that Felicitas is going away any time soon and we should obviously seek legal advice if and when we receive an SD. I just hope that the court does see one of these cases so a Judge can actually take a look at the background and perhaps realize the scam is a continuation of tax avoidance and all the people have now Paid in HMRC in full based on the loans being classed as INCOME.

I realise you're come back is going to be it's not a tax thing it's a trust issue but the original facts can't be ignored! Just my opinion.
        Last edited by happychap; 18 November 2020, 08:48.

Comment

This is the best I can find about serving a demand.

How To Serve A Statutory Demand To Recover A Debt

As it's not clear what the impact of sending to an old address is - I would seek legal advice (in preparation for the demand arriving if it did)
          Thanks Eek.

there is a section here in that link:

"If you have no idea where the debtor is and you have served by post at a last known address, you may still doubt that he has received the demand.

The judge will doubt it too!"

That seems reasonable, how can i respond to something i have never had from an address i havent lived at for over 5 years.
          Additionally, rubbish "know your customer" on their behalf, because if i did owe this made up loan they would surely reach out often as they should to ensure they have my correct details.

What a mess this is all is - arghh.

Comment

Originally posted by happychap View Post
            Eek firstly thanks for your posts, I do listen to what you're saying however this is your 5th post in a few pages on hear telling people that you've received an SD make sure you fill out the correct paperwork and get a lawyer to do it for you (Message Received).

You now mention bankruptcy - a scary thought!

Irrelevant stuff - not connected to Felicitas current game.
            Failure to deal with an Statutory Demand means that Felicitas can bankrupt you first and leave you in the position of trying to recover the funds when you finally win the case.

And I seriously do think that a few people won't deal with the demand so we may end up with people facing undefendable Bankruptcy petitions (you need to defend it at the Statutory Demand stage before the Demand becomes formal).

Remember these are people who are after one final big payoff - they may disappear but do you really think they will giving their tactics (cheap but completely ruthless).
            Last edited by eek; 18 November 2020, 09:27.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Failure to deal with an Statutory Demand means that Felicitas can bankrupt you first and leave you in the position of trying to recover the funds when you finally win the case.

And I seriously do think that a few people won't deal with the demand so we may end up with people facing undefendable Bankruptcy petitions (you need to defend it at the Statutory Demand stage before the Demand becomes formal).

Remember these are people who are after one final big payoff - they may disappear but do you really think they will giving their tactics (cheap but completely ruthless).
              Not only that, it appears to me that if this were a game of poker, they would be very tough to second guess. What ever hand they are holding they are playing extremely well. Such a shame this degree of acumen cannot be channelled into business activities that would actually benefit the entire economy rather than simply enrich some anonymous vultures.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by happychap View Post
                But, at best these are questionable unsecured loans, which Felicitas has never proved that they own the debt and acquired it legally, they have also shown that they are quite happy to stick someone's new address onto paperwork from the past.
                Then you must dispute this properly - if you don't it becomes unquestionable and you WILL owe the debt.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Your rights.. the 300

Throughout history people have been attacked. You have many choices. Have someone defend you. Defend yourself. In chess they say attack is the best form of defence.

Don't let them win. Identify them. Do what is necessary. You are human.

Comment

I surrender.

I am afraid to say i am settling with them. I am angry about the whole mess i find myself in, but sleepless nights, stress, anxiety, keeping this from my wife, i cannot go on like this.

I contacted them direct, agreed a % to settle, the only saving grace for me was i didn't use these schemes for that long so i have managed to settle with HMRC (with a loan) and now with these people with a small amount of savings i had.

I have confirmation in writing of the release of loans, and also from them to confirm no contact will be made again and that this settlement writes off any future attempts to call them in.

I feel should this ever raise its ugly head again, at least i can go to court armed with this which i feel is a better defence than the limited paperwork i hold currently to defend myself without settling and chancing what happened.

The weight off my shoulders is worth the amount i am paying.

I know some wont agree with my choice, i dont my self, but for my sanity and to not put my wife through anything such as losing our home. i had to.

I am going to stay away from here now in some sort of closure attempt to this part of my life.

I wish you all well in your battles against this.

B10

Comment

Originally posted by nonResident View Post
                      Throughout history people have been attacked. You have many choices. Have someone defend you. Defend yourself. In chess they say attack is the best form of defence.

Don't let them win. Identify them. Do what is necessary. You are human.
                      Yes, I agree and I will get a solicitor to set aside the SD to put a stop to it.

Does anyone know if a SD can be sent to a person when the original account was under the company name, should it be addressed to the company and not the individual?

Comment

Working...
                      X