• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure you contact the Isle of Man FSA and let them know you are being harassed by Felicitas Solutions for alleged loans.

They were asked by IOM-FSA to desist from harassing people until they had completed anti-money laundering/know-your-customer checks. If you weren't duped into sending your ID documents to them you shouldn't be harassed, let the IOM-FSA know if you are.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      It's another time where I can't work out their motive for the approach they are using - unless the people who are being chased are those who ignored the mediation offer so they are going down this approach rather than the court approach.

Mind you £1270 is probably cheaper than the court case fee which is probably why they are going for this approach...
      From the little I know it's a mixture... and even those with ETC (and the subsequent lawyers) who had agreed the mediation route got them. Some did not.

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post

From what I understand, a Statutory Demand should never be used when there is clear indication of a debt dispute.
        It can be used but the local court can 'set it aside' if there is a disputed debt.

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
          It can be used but the local court can 'set it aside' if there is a disputed debt.
          ........but if the creditor agrees to withdraw the SD based on someone claiming a genuine debt dispute, does that negate the need for it to be set aside by a judge ?

What I'm getting at, is can Felicitas continue to hassle people on the cheap, and just withdraw any SD at will if it looks likely that the alleged debtor is going to dispute it in court, thus avoiding any chance of Felicitas getting told to pay costs ?

Anyone know ?

Comment

I'm with WTT and will no doubt speak to them next week.

Out of interest, if a statutory demand is issued, do you (and/or an appointed representative) have to attend court (and presumably pay costs) to apply for set aside?

Is it only in court you can dispute the debt, or can this be done in advance via letter to save having to attend?
            Last edited by Lonerous; 13 November 2020, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonerous View Post

Out of interest, if a statutory demand is issued, do you (and/or an appointed representative) have to attend court (and presumably pay costs) to apply for set aside?

Is it only in court you can dispute the debt, or can this be done in advance via letter to save having to attend?
              You apply for the SD to be set aside and you have to do it at the court mentioned in the SD. Whether that means attending or your lawyer applying on your behalf I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonerous View Post

Did you receive the SD?

Comment

Originally posted by DanJackiels View Post
                  Did you receive the SD?
                  Has everyone received these demands yesterday or does it just seem to be people that have provided info on their portal etc?

Comment

Originally posted by PJSMITH1980 View Post
                    Has everyone received these demands yesterday or does it just seem to be people that have provided info on their portal etc?
                    I haven’t. And I’d rather not.
                    I’ve not engaged so far and at this stage would pay 5% if I could to write it off. However am sure if I did engage now I’ll be dragged into mediation at best/ SD etc. One big sorry mess.

Comment

One other thing I'm curious about.

If a SD is issued, how would a judge have sufficient knowledge to make an informed decision on a potential set aside, given the incredibly complex nature of this situation? After all, we're not talking about a car loan or rent arrears, where the matter is usually clear cut.
                      Last edited by Lonerous; 14 November 2020, 19:04.

Comment

Working...
                      X