• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkey99 View Post
    Would it not have to be signed for? Which could be interesting in Covid days

But who can represent me? Need legal advice
    I and a few others are now being helped by a barrister. Happy to share details- PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by corvetto View Post
      I and a few others are now being helped by a barrister. Happy to share details- PM me.
      Don't take this the wrong way but anonymous people on this forum may not be who they are purporting to be - so keep things public rather than PMing others as there is a risk the person is lying.

See https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-requests.html
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Don't take this the wrong way but anonymous people on this forum may not be who they are purporting to be - so keep things public rather than PMing others as there is a risk the person is lying.

See https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-requests.html
        I agree with Eek, we have to be careful here. I guess one way to tell is how new the member is.

Regarding with corvett, I can say we are both aligned via PM. Again not going into too much detail but nothing I had discussed with corvett are anything new nor not on this thread already.

Comment

Originally posted by becchio10 View Post
          TBH if it meant it all being over, the offers to settle at 5% seem an attractive option right now.
          There is no guaranty they wont sell it to another company to chase you again. Do not pay them, only would encourage them further.
          I would rather spend money on good lawyers (make them work for you), than pay those scam 5% of my own money that I worked for.

Comment

top 200 law firms in UK just take your pick
            The Lawyer's top 200 UK law firms revealed

Comment

I'm with MrProfit on this one. I would rather pay good lawyers to fight them in every corner than give them a penny of my money.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

SD - Received by?

Hi.

I am yet to receive any SD as of Saturday. Have not been home today and yesterday. Will find out tomorrow if I have one

Did everyone that has received the SD, receive them on Friday last week? Were they all sent out together Special Delivery ?

Comment

Originally posted by PJSMITH1980 View Post
                  Hi.

I am yet to receive any SD as of Saturday. Have not been home today and yesterday. Will find out tomorrow if I have one

Did everyone that has received the SD, receive them on Friday last week? Were they all sent out together Special Delivery ?
                  I have a law firm on standby to instruct them to act tomorrow if I have an SD at home waiting for me

Comment

This is purely my opinion and based on nothing other than my own thoughts, but I suspect the SD approach is being used to force people to engage, one way or another.

I would hazard a guess that a large percentage of people so far have basically ignored Felicitas communications entirely (rightly or wrongly), this will force some people to actually engage with them at some level at least.

So remember, as stated previously, a SD cannot be used to pursue a disputed debt, that's not conjecture, that's law.......so make damn sure you dispute it properly if you receive one.

Also, even if they did want to try and bankrupt somebody, they would need to pay in order to do that. In addition, Felicitas will have zero idea of an individuals finances, so they could pay to bankrupt someone who has zero assets to begin with, which means they're out of pocket. Doesn't sound like a sensible path to take does it.........

I would advise any recipient of an SD to obviously get it formally disputed, and in fact I would apply straight to the court for it to be set-aside, I don't think I'd wait to see if Felicitas withdrew it. Assuming it is set aside, then an application for costs against Felicitas should be immediately sought.

Like I said, all opinion.

Comment

You think people will still ignore it because it is Felicitas?

So can I be clear

This is a Statutory Demand, unless you complete the correct paperwork to dispute it in the appropriate time frame the money becomes owed with bankruptcy a serious possibility even if you say you are appealing it. If you don't dispute it now you will have to pay Felicitas and then when you win the case try to reclaim the money from them.

Don't end up in that situation, don't ignore it and dispute it ASAP.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X