• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    If you think about the current game they are playing - Felicitas aim is just to find anyone who hasn't responded to the Demand and then get money from them.

I think every single step is focussed on gathering some money to allow them to continue to their next step.
    most likely, in my opinion it's suicidal to go against 100s or maybe even more people (mostly IT contractors) in any legal battle, they don't have any idea who they against or how much deeper pockets people would have collectively to fight.

so they rely on pressure into mediation or settlement.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 January 2021, 11:22.

Comment

I would delete that clause information....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by uppoocreek
        Why? No personal info
        Because you have shown them a weakness/leak that they can plug...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Because you shown them a weakness/leak that they can plug...
          In any litigation you must put forward your line of defence and attack well in advance of court hearing, so not sure why sharing lines of defence here is such a problem! Others on the forum will benefit and can mitigate their position.

At some point the individual above needs to put this to the litigator, no secret
          Last edited by luxCon; 26 November 2020, 10:35. Reason: This and that

Comment

So just heard back for Elysium and Felicitas have dropped the Statutory Demands.

Will be interesting to see what Felicitas do next.

Comment

The SD Tactic - mine now withdrawn

I also posted this on the iq-contracts-statutory-demand thread.
              -----------------
              I ignored all previous dubious emails and physical correspondence. I also ignored Felicitas thinking they would go the same way as Trust Help Line, DOR Resolutions Limited, Dynamic Partners Consultants Limited to name but a few.
              My belief is these promoters and their agents began to see their windfalls from those who were worn down by repeated threats, begin to dwindle and realised they needed a different tactic to get to people in my 'ignore' category. That's where the Statutory Demand tactic comes into play whereupon they may require rights precisely because the person being targeted may ignore and not respond.
              I'm pleased to see some of these demands are now being withdrawn once challenged. I did not engage support from anyone other than by reading contributions on the Contractor UK forums plus the fact I'd kept all letters, emails, original offers plus contracts and associated documents.
              My advice to anyone still with an outstanding Statutory Demand is to challenge it NOW. It cost me just over £6 to send a letter to Statutory Law Ltd by recorded delivery.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 January 2021, 11:22.

Comment

Same boat...

Originally posted by Diagnose b4 u prescribe View Post
                I also posted this on the iq-contracts-statutory-demand thread.
                -----------------
                I ignored all previous dubious emails and physical correspondence. I also ignored Felicitas thinking they would go the same way as Trust Help Line, DOR Resolutions Limited, Dynamic Partners Consultants Limited to name but a few.
                My belief is these promoters and their agents began to see their windfalls from those who were worn down by repeated threats, begin to dwindle and realised they needed a different tactic to get to people in my 'ignore' category. That's where the Statutory Demand tactic comes into play whereupon they may require rights precisely because the person being targeted may ignore and not respond.
                I'm pleased to see some of these demands are now being withdrawn once challenged. I did not engage support from anyone other than by reading contributions on the Contractor UK forums plus the fact I'd kept all letters, emails, original offers plus contracts and associated documents.
                My advice to anyone still with an outstanding Statutory Demand is to challenge it NOW. It cost me just over £6 to send a letter to Statutory Law Ltd by recorded delivery.
                Thanks for the post Diagnose b4 u prescribe.

I am in the same position you have described above. Need to send a challenge to Statutory Law, would i need to also send it to the Court in question? Also any tips for what to send to Statutory Law.
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 January 2021, 11:23.

Comment

Originally posted by td75 View Post

I am in the same position you have described above. Need to send a challenge to Statutory Law, would i need to also send it to the Court in question? Also any tips for what to send to Statutory Law.
                  Read this article and send off form IAA, but I would contact NDL first.

Fact Sheet - Statutory demands | Set aside a statutory demand | National Debtline
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by td75 View Post

You need to challenge the demand ASAP with Statutory Law to have it withdrawn. Don't need to send it to court, because it never progressed to the court yet.

Comment

I keep receiving mails from felicitas, which I never opened.

How do I know whether I'm on statutory demand?

Comment

Working...
                      X