• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractorneveragain View Post
    Checked my spam folder and can see the same message, has anyone checked or logged in to see what it is?
    I went in a couple of times a while back - The added documents seem to be monthly updates of the "loan" ledger and any interest - essentially a loan statement - From memory, there was also a log of every time you went in, what you looked at and how long you spent in the portal.

All the other documents are the "proof" - Everything from documents between you and the umbrella to "proof" the "loan" was acquired leagally. They already had all of my personal information from the scheme provider.

If you have already had ETC or WTT contact them, I don't see much use going into the portal.

Comment

They seem to be sending more emails since the new year. I have had three of the new document emails in the last week. I have just ignored everyone.

Comment

I was made bankrupt in June 2019 and emailed them to tell them this but they have ignored it and continue to send me these notifications that I have documents in my portal (which I have never logged in to)

Not sure what I should do now

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic View Post
          I was made bankrupt in June 2019 and emailed them to tell them this but they have ignored it and continue to send me these notifications that I have documents in my portal (which I have never logged in to)

Did you list all your loans as part of your bankruptcy? If so, I wouldn't worry about it as they would be no longer valid.
          As always though, seek professional advice.
          STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Are they sending them via email?

Comment

So sorry to hear this has happened to you, hope you and your family are safe and well.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Are they sending them via email?
                Anything else would cost them money so it will be via email.

As such provided you have evidence that you sent them an email / letter stating the fact that you have gone bankrupt I would just be adding a mail rule to send it into the appropriate spam / trash folder.

On gmail just marking it as spam should be enough to do so - on outlook it's slightly harder but I would just do the same.

only if a letter through the post does arrive do you need to do anything else and that would literally be:-

Dear Sir,

I was made bankrupt on xyz. As this debt precedes that date please send all future correspondence to (insert the name of the appropriate person) .

And yes I know they will ignore it for Felicitas are idiotic cheap stakes but its all you can do.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thank you, this is a bit more reassuring. Yes, I have only had email contact from thus far, due to the financial problems, I have had to move property a number of times, sofa hopped etc - so personally not received any 'snail mail' from them. The very first email I replied stating that I have been made bankrupt and they did not reply to it, but continued sending the notification of new documents in the portal.

I will add their domain to my blocked senders list on my mail server as you guys suggest.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Anything else would cost them money so it will be via email.

As such provided you have evidence that you sent them an email / letter stating the fact that you have gone bankrupt I would just be adding a mail rule to send it into the appropriate spam / trash folder.

On gmail just marking it as spam should be enough to do so - on outlook it's slightly harder but I would just do the same.

only if a letter through the post does arrive do you need to do anything else and that would literally be:-

Dear Sir,

I was made bankrupt on xyz. As this debt precedes that date please send all future correspondence to (insert the name of the appropriate person) .

And yes I know they will ignore it for Felicitas are idiotic cheap stakes but its all you can do.
                  Last edited by Fantastic; 17 January 2021, 11:59.

Comment

Thank you, this is a bit more reassuring. Yes, I have only had email contact from thus far, due to the financial problems, I have had to move property a number of times, sofa hopped etc - so personally not received any 'snail mail' from them. The very first email I replied stating that I have been made bankrupt and they did not reply to it, but continued sending the notification of new documents in the portal.

I will add their domain to my blocked senders list on my mail server as you guys suggest.

Thanks again!
                    I still think it's worth following the advice below for belts and braces,and more importantly, piece of mind.

Creditors still chasing you after you go bankrupt - Citizens Advice
                    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
                      I still think it's worth following the advice below for belts and braces,and more importantly, piece of mind.

Creditors still chasing you after you go bankrupt - Citizens Advice
                      Is that article right? It says HMRC can still chase for payment after bankruptcy....

Comment

Working...
                      X