• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NTRT lost their FTTT appeal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTRT lost their FTTT appeal

From what I hear, they won the argument that the agency legislation applied and that the agency should have operated PAYE. The tribunal Judge also ruled against HMRC disapplying the PAYE rules.

But the Judge found that they were still liable for tax by virtue of the transfer of assets abroad rules.

An appeal seems likely.

Any parties reference or published account of this available or is it too soon?

Comment

Originally posted by QCApproved View Post
      Any parties reference or published account of this available or is it too soon?
      It's only just out.

Webberg will probably be along shortly with one of his missives.
      Last edited by stonehenge; 16 October 2020, 15:22.

Comment

I doubt that I will actually.

I think the time has come to be less free about sharing thoughts on the technical details and handing HMRC's legal team a freebie.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          I doubt that I will actually.

I think the time has come to be less free about sharing thoughts on the technical details and handing HMRC's legal team a freebie.
          You could do one of your convoluted posts.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            You could do one of your convoluted posts.
            You'll have to explain to me how I do that.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              You'll have to explain to me how I do that.
              You've never needed an explanation before.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Any link to the actual judgement (without comment is fine)? The first tax tribunal website is broken
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Any link to the actual judgement (without comment is fine)? The first tax tribunal website is broken
                  Lancashire & Ors v Revenue & Customs (INCOME TAX - whether the appellants are taxable on sums received under offshore partnership and trust) [2020] UKFTT 407 (TC) (13 October 2020)

Comment

Working...
                  X