• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoey - Court of Appeal legal fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
    £15+vat per month for 4 years is only £864, so hardly much of a sunk cost.And it's peanuts compared to the tax we'd have to pay.

At least we won't be relying on gofundme to pay the lawyers!
    It's not only gofundme. Members of the association contribute directly, like we have to get Hoey progressed through FTT and UTT.

What use is that WTT pool of money if there's no legal avenues to pursue? Would seem like WTT should at least explain their positioning on Hoey to it's members and how their own plans depend or not on Hoey. I'm no legal expert but if what Seleos says is true then not appealing the UTT Hoey outcome will allow HMRC to pursue pre-DR taxes, unless WTT or someone else really have a secret weapon.

Comment

cult mentality

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
      £15+vat per month for 4 years is only £864, so hardly much of a sunk cost.And it's peanuts compared to the tax we'd have to pay.

At least we won't be relying on gofundme to pay the lawyers!
      This is the sort of reply I'd expect from a cult member mentality.

So you say its all peanuts? in that case why dont you put £864 on to Hoey's fighting fund as it will benefit you as well as everyone else. After all its peanuts.

Somehow I doubt I'll see £864 appear on the GoFundMe donations list

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
        This is the sort of reply I'd expect from a cult member mentality.

So you say its all peanuts? in that case why dont you put £864 on to Hoey's fighting fund as it will benefit you as well as everyone else. After all its peanuts.

Somehow I doubt I'll see £864 appear on the GoFundMe donations list
        I see you've got a total of £5155 after 2 weeks of berating and insulting everyone. If you want to actually raise some money may I suggest a different approach
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I see you've got a total of £5155 after 2 weeks of berating and insulting everyone. If you want to actually raise some money may I suggest a different approach
          The approach I'd suggest is for those with open years and out of scope of the Loan Charge, to contribute to something tangible instead of squandering money in pursuit of fools gold.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Perhaps they should set up TheEvenBiggerGroup and make lots of promises for 2 Grand plus monthly subscription. I don't see the comments as berating though. They simply point out how little has been achieved by people that have previous in this regard.

Claims management group Rebus falls into administration - Accountancy Age

Comment

The anti Big Group/WTT rhetoric is getting a tad tedious.

Comment

Apologies for asking a stupid question but does this help post 2011 in anyway ? I had always thought LCL and LCJREU were the only options until recently hearing about this case.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs t View Post
                  Indeed, but remember 10’s of thousands contractors believed getting 90%+ of income was legal back in the day, what do you expect ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by mrs t View Post
                    Maybe but questions have to be asked. A lot of people have given a lot of money to this. How much is set aside for legal costs? If Hoey goes badly (and thus WTT) are in trouble why don't they kick in?

I think it's fair to ask these questions of someone who has built a business of 10+ staff, predominantly from this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                      Maybe but questions have to be asked. A lot of people have given a lot of money to this. How much is set aside for legal costs? If Hoey goes badly (and thus WTT) are in trouble why don't they kick in?

I think it's fair to ask these questions of someone who has built a business of 10+ staff, predominantly from this forum.
                      If you think attacking the decisions of people who you are asking money from is a good idea and is going to encourage them to give you money then you need your head examined. Human Psychology doesn't work like that

In fact I suspect these attacks are very likely to dissuade any Big Group member from joining - you're just trying to destroy an embedded decision that brings relief to them - attacking it will result in them doubling down not paying up.
                      Last edited by eek; 2 December 2020, 07:52.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X