• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoey - Court of Appeal legal fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Like:

If Hoey loses, where does that leave us?
    My Hoey and legal team already said they would appeal the UTT outcome whether they win or not. That's reason the gofundme page was started, to have funds in place for either outcome, I think there's a 28 day period from outcome of UTT to lodge an appeal. If Hoey lost that appeal too, I'm not sure if that would be the end game or not?

Comment

For those with open years out of scope of the Loan Charge, not only is the only thing worth contributing to, it is essential to do so. It is a golden opportunity to defeat HMRC, don’t let it slip by. To date, the contributions have been pitiful so I urge all those that can to start donating.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        Like:

If Hoey loses, where does that leave us?
        Unless Hoey is appealed: with Follower Notices for users of the Penfolds/Hamilton and similar pre-DR schemes and an additional 50% penalty if you continue to contest.

From memory the only exception would be if the fight was continued on substantially different grounds, although that would require an ace up the sleeve from WTT that I've seen no evidence of.

If such an ace existed, then sharing it with the Hoey team would appear to be the best path to a good result for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSurfing View Post
          From memory the only exception would be if the fight was continued on substantially different grounds, although that would require an ace up the sleeve from WTT that I've seen no evidence of.

If such an ace existed, then sharing it with the Hoey team would appear to be the best path to a good result for everyone.
          I know for a definite fact that it does exist but I can't see WTT sharing it when someone else could fluff it or take all the glory.

If Hoey succeeds, great.

If Hoey fails, BG will be perfectly fine.
          Last edited by ns1; 29 November 2020, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
            I know for a definite fact that it does exist but I can't see WTT sharing it when someone else could fluff it or take all the glory.

If Hoey succeeds, great.

To think they have had the winning hand all this time and could have helped save a lot of misery by actually going to court when they had a better opportunity. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post

If Hoey succeeds, great.

Pure fantasy I fear!

Comment

Originally posted by Krung Thep View Post
                For those with open years out of scope of the Loan Charge, not only is the only thing worth contributing to, it is essential to do so. It is a golden opportunity to defeat HMRC, don’t let it slip by. To date, the contributions have been pitiful so I urge all those that can to start donating.
                Totally agree with this. Everyone with pre-DR open years, even if you've had and paid an APN, MUST support this case. There are many people who've paid a chunk of change for APNs pre 2010 who also face LC. Imagine getting that APN payment offset against the LC demand ! It's a no-brainer to support the Hoey case

Comment

Originally posted by Krung Thep View Post
                  Agree with this though please be aware that the member of the litigation association in the Hoey case (who have funded matters thus far) are also contributing so the GoFuneMe page isn't reflective of the true position. Bottom line is Hoey needs support. Wipes all pre-2010 open years and APNs refunded. Imagine that ???

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
                    To think they have had the winning hand all this time and could have helped save a lot of misery by actually going to court when they had a better opportunity. SMH.
                    Have they a winning hand? So why haven't they used it?? They've been going for ages (and collecting monthly subs all the while)

Comment

Originally posted by brayveheart View Post
                      Have they a winning hand? So why haven't they used it?? They've been going for ages (and collecting monthly subs all the while)
                      you don’t get to pick the order things go to court
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X