• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoey - Court of Appeal legal fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    If you think attacking the decisions of people who you are asking money from is a good idea and is going to encourage them to give you money then you need your head examined. Human Psychology doesn't work like that

No one is attacking anyone here, and certainly not asking for charity donations.

This thread is directed at those who are DIRECTLY affected by the Hoey's case which is going forward, and the SUGGESTION is that if its of benefit to you, then CONSIDER making contribution to the case that will save or cost you tens of thousands.

As for WTT/BG, of course those members who have paid in to the promise and have nothing to show for it need to consider their options. Do I continue paying in to the so-far-empty-promises, or do I back a case that is delivering the result I want?

Graham from WTT asked for a mandate from his BG clients, its only fair those members should consider those mandates!

Comment

Originally posted by Babayaga View Post
      Apologies for asking a stupid question but does this help post 2011 in anyway ? I had always thought LCL and LCJREU were the only options until recently hearing about this case.

No, it DOES NOT help POST 2011. Therefore of no interest to those people

for post 2011 your challenge is LCL and LCJREU

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
        No one is attacking anyone here, and certainly not asking for charity donations.
        I think you need to improve your reading comprehension skills - as I didn't say that what I said was

If you think attacking the decisions of people who you are asking money from is a good idea and is going to encourage them to give you money then you need your head examined. Human Psychology doesn't work like that

In fact I suspect these attacks are very likely to dissuade any Big Group member from joining - you're just trying to destroy an embedded decision that brings relief to them - attacking it will result in them doubling down not paying up.
        What you are doing is actually far worse on a persuasion front - you are attacking their decisions not just themselves. Being completely blunt you are calling them idiots and then asking them in the same paragraph for money - it's not going to work.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I think you need to improve your reading comprehension skills - as I didn't say that what I said was

What you are doing is actually far worse on a persuasion front - you are attacking their decisions not just themselves. Being completely blunt you are calling them idiots and then asking them in the same paragraph for money - it's not going to work.
          eek, For someone who is NOT affected by this you seem to have a lot of opinions about a lot of things. Giving advice and helping out is great and thats why these forums exist.

Now I sense a bit of mind programming here, such as those skills used by Behavioural Insights Team employed by the government and HMRC. No one but you has referred to the users heres as IDIOTS, yet you are planting thoughts in to people's minds.

And again you just don't get it ! No one here is asking for money, its about people making FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS towards a case that has a DIRECT and MATERIAL effect on their financial and mental health.

I expect you dont get this as you are not affected by this.

I will not be continuing with this dialogue, and thats my last post on this as its now getting silly and diverting attention from the real subject

Comment

No one here is asking for money
            Really - as these are 3 of your posts in this thread

snip BG rant

Either redirect their future subs in to something solid that has shown to provide results, or pressure their cult leaders to support the case thats way ahead of their ability.
            snip BG rant

The Hoey case seems to be the only game in town, and there are 10s of thousands who will benefit from it. If you can afford £10, pay £10, if you can afford more pay more. Its not a charitable request. This directly benefits the pre DR victims.
            This is the sort of reply I'd expect from a cult member mentality.

So you say its all peanuts? in that case why dont you put £864 on to Hoey's fighting fund as it will benefit you as well as everyone else. After all its peanuts.

Somehow I doubt I'll see £864 appear on the GoFundMe donations list
            But back to your last post again

No one but you has referred to the users heres as IDIOTS, yet you are planting thoughts in to people's minds.
            And once again you need to check your reading comprehension skills. I wasn't calling anyone an idiot I was saying that you are calling and treating Big Group members idiots (although you haven't actually used that word) and comparing your last claim that you aren't asking for money with 3 previous posts from you on this thread you seem to think they are as well.

My entire point of posting here was to show that the people attacking Big Group are doing more harm than good in their current approach and every post you make demonstrates that.
            Last edited by eek; 2 December 2020, 11:16.

Comment

No one here is asking for money, its about people making FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS towards a case that has a DIRECT and MATERIAL effect on their financial and mental health
              Hi, I'd like to make a non-money financial contribution but can't see that option on the gofundme page. Can you point it out please?

Comment

Originally posted by Babayaga View Post
                Apologies for asking a stupid question but does this help post 2011 in anyway ? I had always thought LCL and LCJREU were the only options until recently hearing about this case.
                I wouldn't be putting money in LCL either. Nothing seemed to come of LCJ and LCL seems to be going the same way. And there is a common factor between the two. Just my opinion and others are entitled to theirs and they can spend their money however they like.

Comment

WTT will not be contributing to Hoey.

And I doubt any BG members will either.

End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
                    WTT will not be contributing to Hoey.

And I doubt any BG members will either.

End of story.
                    How very helpful for you to speak for WebberG (who says the funds he’s sat on aren’t his) and every BG member.

Good luck with the magic beans. ??

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
                      How very helpful for you to speak for WebberG (who says the funds he’s sat on aren’t his) and every BG member.

Good luck with the magic beans. ������������
                      And once again another post that really won't help your desire to raise more money.

Mind you sitting on £5000 with a target of £250,000 really isn't the best way to raise money - you should start with achievable targets and point out where the other sources of funding are coming from. At the moment that fund isn't going to pay out a penny as it's not going to get anywhere near the desired target (as the continual attacks and insults on here aimed at the only people likely to contribute to the fund makes very clear).

Comment

Working...
                      X