• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoey - Court of Appeal legal fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
    You show an abject lack of knowledge about the appeal process. There are two stages: 1, obtain Leave to appeal and 2, if granted, a substantive appeal hearing held to decide the subject matter of the appeal.
    He kept reiterating that the FTT judgment in Lancashire was not appealable.

And yet it now appears that it has been appealed.

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

FAO Mods

Originally posted by eek View Post
      1) Did Mr Hall sell a tax avoidance scheme to contractors prior to 2010?

2) Has anyone committed suicide as a consequence of the results of being a member of such a scheme?

3) Are either of those facts inaccurate?

You may not like the fact I've decided to be blunt but given muiltiple people who are seemingly mates with Mr Hall have spent a week attacking me, let's explicitly point out Saleos / Mr Hall's history.
      Look, Im not his solicitor. Save it for them

But to answer your point 3, I would say you are making blatantly false accusations, and the mods are allowing this which makes CUK also liable.

He could spend £100 with a friendly solicitor which could give CUK a few weeks of aggravation so the sake of your ego and your uncontrolled OCD behaviour

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
        Look, Im not his solicitor. Save it for them

But to answer your point 3, I would say you are making blatantly false accusations, and the mods are allowing this which makes CUK also liable.

He could spend £100 with a friendly solicitor which could give CUK a few weeks of aggravation so the sake of your ego and your uncontrolled OCD behaviour
        Again which of the first 2 facts are false?
        Last edited by eek; 10 December 2020, 15:38.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
          eek & MODs, Since the statement above is clearly false and potentially liables, please consider removing altogether.
          Nope there is still an issue. What happens if we hit March 16th 2021 and the UTT judgement has not been published. What happens to the money?

Comment

Nope there is still an issue. What happens if we hit March 16th 2021 and the UTT judgement has not been published. What happens to the money?
            Dear Lord, you're just making yourself out to look foolish now! What are you babbling on about?

The Hoey UTT has been published. They are going for Leave to appeal at the Court of Appeal. Any similar appeal in the UTT works does not impact the Court of Appeal action.

Comment

The Hoey UTT has been published.
              Are you sure? I thought they were still waiting for it.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Dear Lord, you're just making yourself out to look foolish now! What are you babbling on about?

The Hoey UTT has been published. They are going for Leave to appeal at the Court of Appeal. Any similar appeal in the UTT works does not impact the Court of Appeal action.
                Has it as I can't see it on BAILII - United Kingdom Upper Tribunal (Tax and Chancery Chamber) beginning with H and the reason I'm asking the question is that it took over 15 months for Lancashire's judgment to be released.

Comment

I'm wondering if all the sensible people on here who are balanced and normal should just stop engaging with the troll. For every ridiculous claim he makes, people try to answer with reasonable answers, which he then twists and the cycle goes on and on. The more engagement he gets the more ridiculous claims he makes.

He won't stop, he can't, he's not normal. It's why he keeps accusing people of creating new threads when it's him doing it, he's the one who created the tax advisors thread because the other thread was closed.

He can't let anything go or even see other people's point of view, He will always feel the need to have the last word. He should be ignored, this is achieving nothing and helping nobody.

Comment

Has it as I can't see it on BAILII - United Kingdom Upper Tribunal (Tax and Chancery Chamber) beginning with H and the reason I'm asking the question is that it took over 15 months for Lancashire's judgment to be released.
                    I stand corrected, the Hoey FTT has published but not the UTT which is awaited. But your beligerence doesnt alter the fact the next step in the legal process will cost money.

Comment

To be fair, I think eek's criticism of asking for donations, for something that might not happen, isn't without validity.

Personally, I wouldn't have done that. I would have waited until an appeal needed to be made, even though this wouldn't have left that much time to raise the funds.

Comment

Working...
                      X